Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

new exhaust for 3.9 LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Default new exhaust for 3.9 LT

Im looking to get a more aggressive sounding exhaust that doesnt have a raspy sound. Just looking for that low rumble. Anyone out there have any idea or suggestions?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am planning on swapping out my mufflers and tips with the following, hopefully I get a better sound out of my 3.9?? also if anyone here has any better suggstions please let me know, thanks

not sure if the links here will work? I had to do a copy and paste thing which I am not very good at, hope it works...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MP...s_ss=yahoomail

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MP...s_ss=yahoomail

Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 AM

I came across this setup in my searching. Little pricey, but i think it would do the trick. Any thoughts?

http://www.bodykits.com/shop/

Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member

when I did the search on what you posted it came back with bodykits? you're looking for a better exhaust, right? if so, I took my car to a local meineke and asked what I could do and they said, why would you trash a completely good cat and resonator for a cat back system that costs anywhere form $700 to $800! so, I'm just gonna replace my mufflers with magnaflow mufflers and new tips. Most people here would also suggest the same! Hope that helps....

Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 AM

lol, are you looking for exhaust or a body kit?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 AM

There's another user on here, I forget his name, that has the 3.9 LT Monte and he had just slapped the SLP Powerflo exhaust on and says he loves it. Although he did mention some problems with fitting the larger tips in through the bumper in the rear, hopefully he comes around and gives his experience on this.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I dont know why my link didnt work. It's a website that does bodykits, but the exhaust was there. If anyone is curious, this is what i was talking about. http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2655633.aspx

But after looking at just mufflers and tips i'm leaning towards those purely based on price.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM

i just got the slp cat back. i have a 3.5 though, dont know if it would sound that different. i took it to a ghetto *** shop that threw every thing on but told me to cut the bumper. it sounded REALLY LOUD w/o tips. ive since hung the mufflers lower and under the bumper so the 3.5 tips would fit.

i love the way its sounds now. i have no clue why tips would make it sound so different but they do. that kit goes for 614 tax included from summitracing.com im not sure if they charge tax if you dont live in ohio. anyways it deletes the resonator, and its made from the highest quality stainless steel. (t304) its guaranteed agaist rust. it sounds really good.

i basicly got it cause it uses the same steel as the corsa and borla setups for half the price, but was surprised in the sound and looks.

GL

a lot of ppl put magnaflows on there but i live in a state that snows so i didnt want to pay the same price for a setup that rusts. magnaflows sound great too, but are for fair weather states. my dad put a stainless cat on his jeep about 6 months ago and its rusted though already. but we do get a lot of snow/salt.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mak330
a lot of ppl put magnaflows on there but i live in a state that snows so i didnt want to pay the same price for a setup that rusts. magnaflows sound great too, but are for fair weather states. my dad put a stainless cat on his jeep about 6 months ago and its rusted though already. but we do get a lot of snow/salt.

mak330, are you saying I should stay away from the Magnaflows? I thought they were decent quality mufflers, let me know what you think, thanks

*the reason I'm asking is because I also live in a heavy snow area

Old 03-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Hopefully Chibiblacksheep will chime in on this thread and defend his Magnaflow exhaust. Lol.

Quick Reply: new exhaust for 3.9 LT