Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New Exhaust!

Old 09-15-2006, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Exhaust!

Ok my cutout went bye bye today! my old system was the stock Z34 with a cable operated cutout just after the 1st res and cat. sounded pretty good, but i wanted more flow.

So Here's the new system. Highflow straight thru cat. into a 14" round tube magnaflow. and out a Z28 style tip on the side. this thing sounds NICE! I'll get sound clips up soon. but its mean. sounds like a Clasic muscle car now. factory system is gone. and you need to be off to the side to see the new system and from the back it looks like there arent any mufflers at all. unless you get the glint reflection of the magnaflow. enjoy the pics... more to come in the morning.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Default RE: New Exhaust!

Oh yeah, I def want to hear a sound clip or two. Looks nice and a very clean install....

Did you get any noticeable increases in HP?

Old 09-16-2006, 11:53 AM

Looks good! I especially like the Z28 style tips out the side. Very sharp!

Montejass - you mentioned in an earlier post that your check engine light came on after you installed a new DP. Well, mine has come on with my new DP. What causes this and how do I fix it? Does it affect the car at all?

Old 09-16-2006, 12:09 PM

It will not affect the performance at all or so says ZZP anyway. ZZP claims that they have never had any problems with this but obviously there is a difference between stock outflow and the new mod.

There are two ways to fix it, get an O2 emulator (available thru ZZP) or get DHP software and kill the code from showing up in the system. I reset my code with Hypertech the first time and it went 300 + miles before it came on again. Seemed to happen after a WOT run. I am going to clear the code again and baby it to see how long it will go in between errors.

Did you get the ZZP DP??

Old 09-16-2006, 07:46 PM

I got it from Random Technology. It has a hi flow cat built in and is mated to an SLP cat back system. Seems when you buy this they would tell you about the light coming on and what you need to fix it!

Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 PM

the car deff pulls stronger. my only issue now is its too loud. im worried about getting a pulled over. im actually about to go over to summit racing and get another muffler for it. and they also have this plug i can put in to quiet it down some. hopfully another magnaflow will work.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:21 PM

Got some sound clips the other night. they arent the greatest quality, but i'll try and get more tonight. i also did a run with my Interceptor gauge loging the 1/4 times up a tall bridge i normally run the car now and then... and its .5 sec faster now. im sure some of that time is to do with me adjusting for KR but i can deff feel a much larger pull top end that wasnt there before. well here's the clips

http://media.putfile.com/slow-accel

http://media.putfile.com/WOT-run-win...6K-for-traffic

http://media.putfile.com/accel-better