Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New Budweiser Chev Exhaust w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I think it sounds damn good for a V6 with really no other mods done. I'd stick with it for a while, maybe it'll grow on you. And the work looks very nicely done. Good job!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Sounds great man. I'd stick with it if it was me.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

magnaflows are probably the quietest of the mufflers around, thats actually a big reason why i chose magnaflow too. i didnt want something loud and tingy. something deeper and more mellow.
of all mufflers if your looking for non loud, i'd stay away from dynomax and borla.
i did huge research before i bought mine, and magnaflow was by far the best, non ridiculously loud exhaust system.
your setup looks great though.
just drop a pulley size and grab some headers, you'll like the sound of the exhaust then.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM

Looks and sounds awesome. Whatever you do, don't get a dynomax super turbo, it is loud. I had one on my old Bonnie and it sounded awesome, but was borderline annoying, lol I've been thinking of adding getting a set of mufflers for Dale, I've just got a few other performance things on the top of the list

Old 09-18-2009, 06:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm learning to like the sound. Its already low and has such presence. I can't ignore it when I drive and that is the adjustment.

Why does everyone think this engine has no mods? Granted, its just the usual bolt-ons, but I'm already running a 3.4 pulley. Headers won't happen this year, but I do have a powerlog. I got another pic from the exhaust shop, but its not much better. Taken with a blackberry.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I liked it. I think it looks clean and doesn't sound terrible. Granted we aren't there to hear it. I don't think you're going to get much different of a tone.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:18 AM

i just put a pair of magnaflows on my car two days ago with the dual exit tips and i like the sound of those... i will put up some pics and a video if i can but they sound pretty good for this v6 and i know its pretty much the only sound they make, they al seem to sound pretty similar no matter what you put on them... just my opinion lol

Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Reviving my own thread!

After 2 years of trying, I've had enough of the annoying MagnaFlow drone. Today I had polished SoloPerformance mufflers and new tips installed. The quality and finish of this product is quite remarkable! This exhaust is a little loud in a different way...

The 3" piping looks like it has rusted quite a bit over the last 2 years, but these pics are a bit of an injustice in that regard. They don't seem to look so rusty in person.

It's hard to find a quiet 3" stainless muffler. These guys are huge bastards and hard to fit to our cars. They are quite visable on the car.

I'm not crazy about how far the tips stick out - they are very in-your-face.

Most importantly, the sound is much more pleasant. Still low and maybe a little more gurgly under throttle. But softer and no drone - none. I don't think performance has been comprimised.

I'm ready to drive the 14 hours to Charlotte now!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:52 PM

Nice, those are some big mufflers. I never got to hear your other system. The Borla system I just had put on is pretty quiet but its 2 1/2" instead of 3". Hopefully this system will be what you want.

Wayne

Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So shiny for exhaust, looks great.

Quick Reply: New Budweiser Chev Exhaust w/ pics