Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

My New SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Default My New SS

ok so i about a week ago i purchased an 04 SS non Super Charged , i am taking delivery of the car this coming thursday, since i purchased the car i have been looking for some performance increases, i have already decided on a Hypertech programmer the K&N CAI, but my main issue im having is whych exhaust to use, unfortunantly i dont have the money to just test out setups till i find the right sound (if i did i would have picked up the 07 SS) so hopefully you all could help me. the sound im looking for would be very similar to an infiniti FX35, but with a little deeper rumble, and probably about the same volume, and i am at a loss of how to do it. HELP

Old 03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Default RE: My New SS

You won't get our V6 to sound like the Nissan's 3.5.... ever.

If I were in your situation, I would avoid the hypertech programmer, and get a PCM pre-programmed for mild intake and exhaust modifications, such as ZZPs PCM. It's alot cheaper, and you're getting something proven.

As far as exhaust goes, what sound you describe, could be achieved, but it will cost you. 2.5" DP, 2.5" hi-flow cat, 2.5" straight thru resonator with a 5" round chamber, 24" long, 2.5" around the gas tank to the Y, and split to 2" or 2 1/4" into 2 cherry bombs, with long 3" or larger tips.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 AM

this is my exhaust. with borla cat back system, random technology 2.5" downpipe, high flow cat and u-bend delete.

this just might give you an idea of what our cars can sound like

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i185.photobucket.com/player.s...arlo/Movie.flv">

Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 AM

i would avoid the hypertech as well...if u want to to it urself go with a dhp or hp tuner...as for the exhaust got to youtube and listen to a few and c what u think!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:57 AM

thank you Lav, and Kweef, ok so in that short ammount of time i have learned to avoid Hypertech like the plague, and probably go with ZZP for the PCM, get rid of the U bend and change the downpipe with a high flow cat, I wonder how the Whisper resonator would sound with magnaflows. what would be the best thing to use for the resonator, i really just despise that droning sound, my little brother has a malibu 3.1 with cat back resonator delete running flowmaster, and the car sounds horrible. and ive never dealt with resonators , what do they do. any vehicle i have had before has been at least 95 or older and has been a truck usually with a 350

edit, BTW black, i liked the sound of yours, idle sounded great reving sounded good, but in the higer RPM range, i dont know, i guess im just used to the V8 sound