Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Muffler

Old 11-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Default Muffler

Hello all,

I have owned my 2006 Monte Calo LT 3.5 for a couple years and looking to get a new muffler. How loud are the flowmaster 40 or 44's? I have searched youtube clips and read the forums here but still undecided. I also don't know much about the magnaflow mufflers. I don't want a whole system just a muffler. Something that sounds good, with a little bit of sound to it, but not too loud.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 PM

I run the flowmaster super 40's and love them. I was originally getting the 44's but was told at my exhaust shop that these sound better on the LS4. Here's a sound clip of my car at idle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFeg...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Same year, same motor. I have a Flowmaster 40, single outlet. It's just enough to differentiate the car from the rest. Just a cool rumble/moan at idle that does not get obnoxious. Sad that it does not pop/crackle on downshift like the one on the old Firebird I had did.

The sound does drone in the cabin. After driving what was essentially a silent car the change made me have doubts. But when it starts up I forget about the droning sound.

I'll try and get a vid recording up this weekend.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:03 AM

Magnaflow will give a deeper tone. My buddy has one and it sounds good.

Search this Thread