Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

For the Magnaflow users on MCF

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Default exhaust

I've had mine since last fall. They're actually GMPP ( General Motors Performace Parts ) but made by magnaflow. Just give them some time. I don't drive my MC as much as most of you do on here. However, the exhaust note is getting much better. You'll love it about month or two from now.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:45 AM

Here's a link to a video of the new Magnaflows on my Monte that I made last night (4 days after they were installed): ‪2006 Monte Carlo LT Magnaflow dual exhaust‬‏ - YouTube

I'm not sure that my digital camera captured how low the tone of the mufflers is now. I had the camera on a folding chair about 5 or 6 ft away from the back bumper. Of course the rev limiter on the car wouldn't let me rev over 4000 rpms.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
I was seriously considering putting on SLP Powerflo mufflers on my Monte (i thought the Loudmouths might be a bit too loud for me, as I'm not in my twenties anymore, lol). In the end, I went with Magnaflow because other 7th gen V6 owners on here put them on their cars and said they liked them, and because the Magnaflows were less expensive than the SLPs (for the mufflers alone, not the whole system). I didn't do the whole cat-back system because just like montecarlo3831 and Mamonte, my pipes (and resonator) are in pretty good shape, so why spend the money replacing something that doesn't really need to be replaced yet? I can always go and change the resonator, or delete it, later if I want to.

Thanks for the video links, Tadcaster and xxtheshockerxx. You know you guys are making me wish I bought an SS after looking at those videos... or that I at least chose red instead of "dark silver metallic" (grey). Nice looking cars.
Yeah so I installed the slp system lastnight and it is really nice, deep agressive tone. Very loud when you step on it! The loudmouth will be way too loud for me imo. I really think its the larger diameter pipes that give it its tone, so I will post a vid later today to finally give my fellow 3.5s a good example of the system.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 PM

I don't have Magnaflow, I got Dynamax and I love it! The new muffler and 2.5" pipe produce EXACTLY the sound I wanted, a low rumble you can hear when the car is turned on. It took a long time for the muffler to "cure" and now it's perfect - not too loud, not obnoxious for the neighbors, just enough to enjoy even with the windows rolled up!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
I don't have Magnaflow, I got Dynamax and I love it! The new muffler and 2.5" pipe produce EXACTLY the sound I wanted, a low rumble you can hear when the car is turned on. It took a long time for the muffler to "cure" and now it's perfect - not too loud, not obnoxious for the neighbors, just enough to enjoy even with the windows rolled up!
I do have a low rumble when I start up the car... maybe too low, actually. It sounds like somebody put some subwoofers on my exhaust, lol. I keep thinking I've got an exhaust leak, though; that's what it sounds like to me. Maybe I'm just not used to it, since I've never used anything other than standard type mufflers on my cars before. It's just not the type of sound I was expecting. I posted a link to a short video of it a few posts above ^^^^

Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM

Heres my SLP kit installed with no tips yet. Keep in mind its on a 3.5.

‪Monte 3.5 v6 slp exhaust‬‏ - YouTube