Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

magnaflow exhaust and jet MAF

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Default magnaflow exhaust and jet MAF

just thinking about my latest mod i wanna do to my '07 3.5L (already have a custom CAI i made). i've found a magnaflow stainless cat back exhaust. looks like a great system but i was wondering if anyone has had experience with an aftermarket exhaust system on their 07s(or 06s since they're very similar)because of the warranty (100k powertrain)implications that could arise?? are their any problems with this. that's basically why i don't wanna get it so i don't void the warranty. i know if i have to take my car in for warranty work, ifthe exhaust didn't cause the problem, then they'll cover it.
here's a link to the one i found if anyone's interested: http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=16728

additionally, has anyone used the JET mass air flow sensor on their ride, or another"performance" MAF?can you notice any power/mileage gains? i've seen other posts likeabout this, none i've seen with people that have used them yet.at least if something happens with that i can just replace back w/ the factory MAF. i will probably go with this first before the exhaust. thanks for your input

Old 10-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Default RE: magnaflow exhaust and jet MAF

The exhaust would be ok- although it will mostly be for sound, I doubt you'll be able to feel the small difference in power.

Scrap the MAF idea though, I bet you still have a good ways to go before you max your stock maf.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 PM

yeah know it wouldn't add much power. the looks and sound is what i like. i just want to put it on if it will cause warranty issues down the road.

as for the MAF, what other things do you mean when you say i have a ways to go b4 maxing the stock MAF? throttle body spacing? LIM porting? forced induction? that's why i asked since don't know much about the product. thanks for your reply.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:50 PM

I love MagnaFlow exhausts on V8's, I wasn't too impressed with the sound on a V6

Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 AM

I love MagnaFlow exhausts on V8's, I wasn't too impressed with the sound on a V6
x2, I don't care for the sound of them on my monte L67 either

as for the MAF, what other things do you mean when you say i have a ways to go b4 maxing the stock MAF? throttle body spacing? LIM porting? forced induction? that's why i asked since don't know much about the product. thanks for your reply.
People upgrade to a bigger MAF for 2 main reasons:
1- they've significantly increased the size of the whole intake setup (ie bigger tb, bigger inlet to mount tb to, bigger intake tubing, bigger filter)- and running the smaller stock (for external guys) maf will be a neck down point
2- they've exceeded the amount of air their maf can measure (stock tables top out at like 11,500), so they go with a new maf with new scaling and such, so they can still measure at higher airflow levels.

being that it sounds like you're practically stock, I don't see either being an issue.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Bob
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

drewskie043,I have a 2006 monte with the 3.9,i put the catback magnaflow on.At idle the car sounds like a v8,but when you get on it,it reminds you that you have a v6,I could be taking it off for two reason's.1 my WIFE does not like it,she think's it to loud(me being a man i love it)Reason #2 the tip's that exit my car don't fit as good as i want it too why?because my monte has the cutout's out back were your car does not,the tip's are 3.5 inch & will fit on the monte carlo with the 3.5 this perfect.I have use shorter hangers so the top of tip's hang about 1 inch from the top of the cutout's.I have put only about 1100 mile's on the exhaust cause i don't it that much and the winter.I'am thinking of selling it for $375.I paid $725.Let me know. TY