Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intense Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Default RE: Intense Racing

you seem awefully rushed to get this done... take your time, and read. Alot. I didn't just throw everything on my car at once, and neither did anyone else on this forum.

You will get what I like to call "Tunnel Vision"

in which you take only one person's advice, like Todd's, and run with it. I did the same thing. I emailed back and forth with Todd for many months. He quoted me at over 15 grand to make my car a 12 second car!!!!!!!!!!!!

To date, I have a little under 9 grand, and that's WITH a brand new race tranny installed, and well under a high 12 second car.

Read, read, read. We will be glad to help you out here, but make sure you're making an educated decision.

Running a Supercharged engine, the biggest restriction is the intake and exhaust. So do those mods first.

That INCLUDES:

Downpipe, highflow cat, ubend delete, headers or ported exhaust manifolds, along with a cold air intake.

THEN we can talk dropping a pulley size or two.

Another cheap mod? Thermostat, and colder plugs (104's)

Do those, and buy a scanner, THEN come back, and we'll talk about dropping pulley sizes.

Not trying to be an *******, just realize that Dan, myself, and everyone else here don't want you to blow your engine because of your ignorance or impatience! =)

EDIT: And ROB, who has been a great and educational contributor to this forum!

Have a great day!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 PM

I'm definitely not going to do anything if I think I will blow my engine. That's why I ask questions. the only modifications I have is small. the next two I will do will be a CAI and maybe the downpipe if it is right. I'm definitely not going to do anything stupid to mess my car up. I only plan on keeping the car two years and just wanted to modify it a little bit.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 PM

I only plan on keeping the car two years and just wanted to modify it a little bit.
Well I think if you put some time and money into this car, you'd never want to let her go...

Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 PM

The downpipe will simply be the best way to go because it gets rid of the U-Bend and increases horsepower. You will loose a bit of torque, but as Rob stated you'll still break the tires loose.

These cars start off as realistically having too much torque in them, the best place to be is having just enough torque not to break the tires loose.

The only problem is if you remove the cat or get a very high flow cat you throw a code P0420 Check Engine Light (CEL) which means the cat isn't running efficiently.

Either get a good cat on it from ZZP or get a tuner that will eliminate the code.

As you plan to dump the car in 2 years, I'd get the downpipe and CAI. They are low cost (under $500 together) and will put some pep in the car.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM

O believe me I'll be in something better in a couple years. I don't want to put 10 grand in my monte carlo.
I'm only 20 and had it about a year this is not a car Im going to have forever.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:08 PM

In 3 years that is the first time I've ever heard someone say that about their 04 Supercharged.

Wow.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:37 PM

don't get me wrong I love my monte c. before I bought the car the SC SS was really the only car I wanted. it was between that or a charger R/T. Tim Lally Chevrolet was open and the dodge lot wasn't. so I went with the SC SS. also would have went with an 06-07 SS but just didnt have any at the time. so I bought the next best thing the SC SS. it was sitting on the showroom floor, couldn't pass it up. bought it last march only 13,000 miles on it when I bought it. extra clean and at a low cost I felt as though I picked me up a good car to get me through college. I want some of that V8 love and that growl. like I said before my brother has an 02 Trans AM Ram Air so I know what a fast car is. anyway I want to ride real luxury like lac or Benz.

Im definitely happy with my decision

Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Ahh.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:18 PM

I just want to get my car fast so when other montes pull up next to me and some of them ol schools pull up I will be able to take them. now I gotta get the CAI and the downpipe and I think I'll be straight

Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 AM

it was between that or a charger R/T
Believe me, you don't want it. I hate to say it, but if you want a V8,head towards the Rustang Department.

Why? Because the Charger weighs in at around 4500 pounds, and even though they are putting down alot of power, it is LOST with the weight ratio. The R/T runs a low 14 quarter, tops. Some Monte's are running low 12's, high 11's, even less with turbos....

I agree with Dan, first time in a while that I've heard someone not want to keep the S/C Monte...

Personally, I am going to hold onto it until the engine goes, and then once it blows, bore it over, new forged pistons, overhauled blower, and do it all over again. I love this car. And I WON'T be trading it in for anything else for a long, long time.

-Keegan

Quick Reply: Intense Racing