Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Intake project I am working on (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/intake-project-i-am-working-51629/)

xxtheshockerxx 01-03-2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 642262)
Of course you did, Holley makes great stuff, your getting crazier by the day with this project. You need to order another set of tires while your at it too. :eek:

I have to try to get the best for the Monte :rotfl: they were a little more spendy than I liked but should be worth it. Then they make you buy a quick disconnect for 20 on top of the rail kit :thumbsdown: they look badass though.

Yeah I have I'll need tires this year haha I'll start taking bets on how long I can make it

STUMPMI 01-03-2015 10:26 PM

Zach:
I hope to see this MOD in person should you ba able to make the Spring Meet and Greet!
It all sounds Bad Azz and I hope it all pans out!:thumbsup:

xxtheshockerxx 01-03-2015 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 642288)
Zach:
I hope to see this MOD in person should you ba able to make the Spring Meet and Greet!
It all sounds Bad Azz and I hope it all pans out!:thumbsup:

I should have it all buttoned up by then. Hopefully painted and wires tucked away looking good. Thanks!

STUMPMI 01-03-2015 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 642300)
I should have it all buttoned up by then. Hopefully painted and wires tucked away looking good. Thanks!

Sweeeet Zach!:thumbsup:
See ya in the spring!:)

xxtheshockerxx 01-04-2015 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 642304)
Sweeeet Zach!:thumbsup:
See ya in the spring!:)

Oh yeah. It will be fun to finally meet all of you. You guys have quite a big group up there and a lot of guys I have known on the forum for 4 years or so.

xxtheshockerxx 01-04-2015 07:21 PM

I got the hole for the map sensor relocate filled today. I'll just have to drill it out and tap a screw hole once it sits. found out it is a challenge to get to the belt tensioner in these. I have to find a tool or method that works. Nothing I had available would fit. We are getting close to sitting this intake in. I'm pretty excited.

The_Maniac 01-04-2015 07:40 PM

Any pics of the work you've been doing so far?

xxtheshockerxx 01-04-2015 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 642427)
Any pics of the work you've been doing so far?

Back a page or two I have pictures of my intake. I haven't uploaded the alt bracket yet.

The_Maniac 01-04-2015 10:11 PM

Oh heck, how did I miss those pics?? I just flipped back and there they were!!! Thanks!!

Looking good so far!! When it's said and done, do you have plans to smooth the top of the intake and paint it up? Looking at the pic with the adapter mounted and showing the inlet on it, looks like it has steps to change the size of the opening or re-direct it. Any thought to smoothing that out?

This is looking cool so far. The before and after pics of the intake (and of you Monte) once this is done should be pretty cool!! I hope it yields some gains.

xxtheshockerxx 01-04-2015 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 642440)
Oh heck, how did I miss those pics?? I just flipped back and there they were!!! Thanks!!

Looking good so far!! When it's said and done, do you have plans to smooth the top of the intake and paint it up? Looking at the pic with the adapter mounted and showing the inlet on it, looks like it has steps to change the size of the opening or re-direct it. Any thought to smoothing that out?

This is looking cool so far. The before and after pics of the intake (and of you Monte) once this is done should be pretty cool!! I hope it yields some gains.

I have been trying to take pictures pretty regularly of every step.

Thanks! Yeah I am going to sand it all smooth and use Duraglass filler before I paint it. I am leaning towards color matching it to the car right now. I need to fit it first before I worry about finishing the intake out thought.

I am not sure how I feel about the CNC marks on the adapter. I might sand them..idk I have a throttle body spacer on now that is kind of the same concept and it makes a ton of intake noise...and that's not necessarily a bad thing :cool:

I am hoping to fit it this next week when I have some extra help. I will try to take tons of pictures for comparison.