Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I want to make my 06SS louder

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Default I want to make my 06SS louder

Hey guys. I've been reading the forums here for a couple of months and have seen the threads on the Flomasters, etc etc...but I need specific help.

I'm very pleased with the performance of my 06 Monte Carlo SS. I'm not really looking to improve HP or anything, but if i happen to in the process thats fine . I want to make my Monte sound louder. I do NOT want to take off the resonator..I don't want the car to be so loud that I get pulled over by the cops. But I DO want to be able to hear my car when I have my radio on turned to normal volume lol...I've seen people mention here the Flomaster Series 40's and 44's...what is the difference? And I'm also not too car savvy yet, so would it be impossible for someone like me to install them myself? Also, what else do you guys suggest to increase the sound of my car?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: I want to make my 06SS louder

personally i would do flowmaster 40's, i still haven't heard the 44's yet to know what they sound like, i would imagine they would be similar to the 40's though

doing the mufflers yourself is possible, although with a car as nice as yours i wouldn't do it, you may not be able to get an exact size muffler so that you can just cut, weld and weld the tips back on....you dont want any leaks so i would suggest going to a muffler shop and having them put them on and make sure they're welded, not clamped

but i would do flowmasters

Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM

so how much louder will just putting on the flowmaster 40s make the car?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM

it will sound like this

http://myblownss.com/mediaclips/MCF/chris1.mov

outside

http://myblownss.com/mediaclips/MCF/chris2.mov

inside

Old 08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

thats not a v8 though is it chris? thats your monte i think isn't it??

you would have to replace your stock mufflers with the flowmasters and you would get a real nice rumble

Old 08-06-2007, 08:29 PM

yeah its mine, didnt know his was a v8 hold on lemme get the right clip

Old 08-08-2007, 03:26 PM

Well you have a couple options.
1. get the magnaflow system.they have sound clips of it on there site.
2. replace the mufflers.
3. electronic cut out.

i have replaced the mufflers and removed the res. still wanted more sound so i put on the electronic cut out.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...urrent=003.flv

Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Wow, there was a check point close to my company 2 days ago.

They were doing random smog checks and giving tickets to people who had modified exhausts and anything else modified like CAI's.

Anything louder than factory db's or anything on a car that is not put in by the factory or an approved factory replacement part is totally illegal here.

You guys are fortunate for the most part. The only kewl thing about not living in Cali. for y'all.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

They were doing random smog checks and giving tickets to people who had modified exhausts and anything else modified like CAI's.

Anything louder than factory db's or anything on a car that is not put in by the factory or an approved factory replacement part is totally illegal here.

You guys are fortunate for the most part. The only kewl thing about not living in Cali. for y'all.
wow i live in california also. didn't hear about that maybe just in la county? i live in ventura county and i haven't herd anything about that yet.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: ProfChub

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

wow i live in california also. didn't hear about that maybe just in la county? i live in ventura county and i haven't herd anything about that yet.
Sorry, but the same laws go for ALL of California.

Drive to yourlocal Highway Patrol office, ask them about modified exhaustand report back please.

Quick Reply: I want to make my 06SS louder