Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Help me customize my exhaust

Old 12-17-2011, 02:26 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Help me customize my exhaust

i would prefer my car to be quiet sleeper instead of loud obnoxious sound, im not sure how loud the car will be when the supercharger gets installed. Looking under the lift i noticed that i have a two resonators and cat. im not sure if the resonator on the downpipe hinders performance like the ubend. i wonder if i should try to keep same time up setup with the new pipe.

Anyway so far i have zzp headers(not installed) still need to get the tog style 3" downpipe with a cat. Not sure really what type of of exhaust i should do on the way back. Im thinking maybe running a 3" SS all the way back with a maganflow resonator. What type of mufflers should i be looking at?

Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 PM

Won't be very quiet with 3"
I don't think many people look at these cars as sleepers. Just go for the power and screw quiet. Your on the right track being a player rather than sleeper.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:39 AM

i thought the mufflers help change the sound or does that help get rid of the drone?

Old 12-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Zen

A 3" exhaust will be load no matter what so i would do is run a nice set of flowmasters(I'm old school) or magnaflows cuz you all ready have they're resinator.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 AM

yeah with all the work you have going on so far, your exhaust will be loud. Resonators supposidly help remove the "drone" sound and barily alter performance.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 AM

yea listening to various exhaust vids on youtube most of them either sound to raspy or have that pinging/popping sound.

i think i gunna customize mine like it came from factory. With two resonators a cat and then i wont have to worry about which mufflers to get so much.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 AM

I replaced the resonator with a 30in magnaflow glasspack, then from the Y pipe back is 3in with 2 original flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I have yet to get a donwpipe and high flow cat but now, it sounds nice. No raspy tone on high revs and when you get on it, it sounds like a monster. But for city driving, it has a nice quiet tone. I have yet to post a video of it. My camera doesnt do any justice to the exhaust

Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
I replaced the resonator with a 30in magnaflow glasspack, then from the Y pipe back is 3in with 2 original flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I have yet to get a donwpipe and high flow cat but now, it sounds nice. No raspy tone on high revs and when you get on it, it sounds like a monster. But for city driving, it has a nice quiet tone. I have yet to post a video of it. My camera doesnt do any justice to the exhaust
yeah but did your car come with two resonators or just the one after the cat before the y?

Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM

Just 1. I have the NA 3.8

Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 AM

i guess they wanted to have the 6th gen montes sound louder than the 5th gens i also have a 3.8 Na currently with a ubend, resonator, cat and then another resonator.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me customize my exhaust