Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Headers

How many last Gen Monte have the Doug Thorley headers?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

lol. I guess none here!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think one or two do but im not sure, with these cars you should just be running open headers anyways.. =p

Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Not I.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Default Speed Daddy headers

Thinking about adding headers to my 04 SS SC. Looking at speed daddy's. Any thoughts? Ideas or better selections? So far I heard I have to bend the A.C. tubes out of the way. Any other things I should know besides getting all different gaskets?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 AM

Any other things I should know besides getting all different gaskets?
You don't technically need "different" gaskets (or at least not that I know of) since most headers use stock-style gaskets, but it is probably a good idea to replace them since the car is about 7 years old now.

People seem to really like the speed daddy headers, but I've never seen a set and don't know much about them (besides that they are SLP knockoffs). If you can't find much info about possible issues on this site, you might want to look around some of the grand prix or regal boards to get a sense of any potential install issues before you attempt the install (believe me, beats making a trip to the parts store while the car is down).

Other than that, headers are an awesome upgrade for the supercharged motors, and really open up that exhaust. If you're planning any other upgrades down the road, you'll really love them, despite them being a potential pain in the *** to install.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:01 PM

well mels ss. i have the same gan as you do the 7th gen but i have the 3500 v6 they dont really have headers for it due to a non-demand for it. i know you have a better chance to get a set due to having a v8 and a non-v6

Old 12-14-2010, 05:40 PM

well mels ss. i have the same gan as you do the 7th gen but i have the 3500 v6 they dont really have headers for it due to a non-demand for it. i know you have a better chance to get a set due to having a v8 and a non-v6
They do indeed make headers for the LS4. They're expensive, but they are available.

http://dougthorleyheaders.com/produc...A%20SS/sfID1/9

Old 12-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by biggriggs
You don't technically need "different" gaskets (or at least not that I know of) since most headers use stock-style gaskets, but it is probably a good idea to replace them since the car is about 7 years old now.

People seem to really like the speed daddy headers, but I've never seen a set and don't know much about them (besides that they are SLP knockoffs). If you can't find much info about possible issues on this site, you might want to look around some of the grand prix or regal boards to get a sense of any potential install issues before you attempt the install (believe me, beats making a trip to the parts store while the car is down).

Other than that, headers are an awesome upgrade for the supercharged motors, and really open up that exhaust. If you're planning any other upgrades down the road, you'll really love them, despite them being a potential pain in the *** to install.
I read else were the gaskets are garbage. Leaks and all. It was also posted else were that with these headers you need to bend the A.C. lines to get them installed. Not a big fan of doing that. I'm thinking TOG's may be a better idea. Any thoughts on TOG's headers?

(TOG"S=the other guys headers)

Old 12-14-2010, 10:45 PM

I don't know much about headers, a buddy of mine has speed daddy headers on his impala and he's had NO problem at all due to leaks, he didn't have to fabricate or bend anything. He loves them!.. and i will probably end up with Speed Daddy's aswell, they're dirt cheap compared to others, with same results.
His bolted right up, it's SSAC that people have a crappy time with because they dont really "bolt up".
If its quality you want, there is a nice set of headers in the classified section right now actually, from one of our members SilverBullit.

Quick Reply: Headers