Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Guess that exhaust system!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Default Guess that exhaust system!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0RPCSlisE

Guess that system! What do you all think the diameter is of the pipes on this

beautiful-sounding LS? Also, it's hard to tell, but I believe he installed glass-

packs, not sure though. Anyone know for sure based on the sound? Give a

run-down on what you think was done to it; I'd like to have the same results

next week in my exhaust shop. :-)

Old 11-21-2009, 04:24 PM

You think that sounds good? I think it sounds really awful personally. Looks like he did a terrible install job too- using backstrap to hold the pipes up and some flexible universal tubing.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:31 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds ok, kinda ricey though. And the universal stuff is kinda lol. Paint color is nice though.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 PM

its the flowmaster muffler for the comaro and firedbird that they made it looks like he couldent get the bends done at a shop corectly and i think he just threw the flex tubeing on.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:31 PM

I don't really care for any of your opinions that don't pertain to my question, or the paint color, or useless comments on the horrid rigging this person used for his DIY installation.

Actually.. I don't even know why I post on this forum anymore; even the simplest request or discussion cannot go without some pointless slewage of comments.

Unless you want to give me something useful, stfu.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Travis304
I don't really care for any of your opinions that don't pertain to my question, or the paint color, or useless comments on the horrid rigging this person used for his DIY installation.

Actually.. I don't even know why I post on this forum anymore; even the simplest request or discussion cannot go without some pointless slewage of comments.

your free to just leave

Old 11-21-2009, 08:51 PM

I don't really care for any of your opinions that don't pertain to my question
First off, any post you get is going to be opinion- no one knows for sure what the guy has except him. Have you tried emailing him? Honestly, no one on here is going to be able to tell you an exact pipe diameter and exactly what exhaust parts were used- there are hundreds of brands and types of mufflers, resonators, etc- out there- it would be nearly impossible to tell in person- and IMO it is impossible to tell by the sound through the internet.

, or the paint color, or useless comments on the horrid rigging this person used for his DIY installation.
Secondly, this is an open internet forum. In case you haven't been on internet forums much before- it is quite common for threads to get a little off topic or side tracked. I'm a member of about 20 forums, and have read posts on many more than that- and they're all that way. Say someone posted a video of a Bugatti Veyron and asked where they could get an exhaust tip like that- don't you think you'll get the occasional post like 'sweet car', or something?

Its your choice to post on here- no one made you. Honestly, this forum is no worse than any other automotive forum I have been on. I don't see how you could possibly expect anyone on here to give you this car's exact exhaust mod list just by listening to a crappy youtube video- you have to understand how unrealistic that is.

As far as I knew, this was an open internet forum, you can't tell people what they can or can't say; and I can tell you for sure that getting hostile with the members isn't going to help you get more information.

You want something useful?

EMAIL THE GUY ON YOUTUBE AND ASK HIM YOURSELF.

edit:
Actually.. I don't even know why I post on this forum anymore
I looked at the other 2 threads you started:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...994#post172994

and

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...804#post173804

and in both of them, your question was pretty fully answered and discussed- I don't see what your problem is with this forum at all....

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 11-22-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

verry well put bumpin

Old 11-22-2009, 11:06 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

" 2005 monte carlo ls. magnaflow sport cat custom welded y-pipe dual outlet "

right in the comments

Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM

i agree with bumpin it is an open forum that every one can post to help or post an opinion. there is no way that 1 or 2 posts needing to be cursed out in obreviations remember be human and let it go. also if you had a bad day that day dont give outhers what happend to you. as in try to give them insults so be your self and let the bad day go and accept opinions it is a good crittisisum not a bad type that uses hypocritical sayings.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guess that exhaust system!