Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Got a Wizaired today!, next up downpipe...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Default Got a Wizaired today!, next up downpipe...

I went ahead and got a Wizaired today. Sooner rather than later. I went went ahead and purchased an AEM 4"x9" filter for it as well. I can't wait to install it!
I want to get a downpipe from ZZP next to get rid of the pesky u-bend delete as well. I have been reading a lot of the posts here on the subject, I just wanted to make sure I am making the right choices with my options. If someone could take a look and help me, I have many thanks!.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:54 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For that price you might as well get headers.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:48 AM

Congrats on the Cai, and the rest of your process.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 AM

Cicatrix- the options look perfect if you're going with an emissions legal downpipe. You will enjoy it.

For that price you might as well get headers.
Sure, if he wants to deal with a 6-8 hour installation.

Or, he can get the downpipe he's looking at and have a simple install and nice gains with a 1 hour max installation time.

Depends on how serious you are, really. 3" downpipes are awesome for most folks.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:36 PM

Hey thanks for the views guys. I just saw that I can choose to turn in my old pipe and get some money back. That way it would only be around $190.00 or so. But I figured I would get the downpipe first and see how It goes from there. I figured I can always keep upgrading. I'm really not sure how far I will end up going with the modifications on my Monte Carlo. Usually once one mod is done, it's not to long before something else sparks my interest. The Monte Carlo has always been my dream car though, and now I have one! So I might end up taking the modifications to radical measures. I'm learning tons on this forum. Good folks here.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:56 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats! You are gonna love that set up!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 PM

Hey, thanks AwesomeSS!, yeah I am pretty psyched up to finally get the ball rolling on doing some mods.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM

Hey cicatrix i am going the same route you are. but i dont know if i want to get the wizaired CAI or the ZZP CAI. i heard they are about the same though

Old 08-23-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cakes04
Hey cicatrix i am going the same route you are. but i dont know if i want to get the wizaired CAI or the ZZP CAI. i heard they are about the same though

I read at Clubgp that ZZP's CAI is suppose to provide cooler air, over the Wiz air.
That's if they still carry it, haven't seen it on their website.
But you can't lose with either of them. Any CAI > stock air box.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cakes04
Very nice. Are there any other mods you are looking into?

Quick Reply: Got a Wizaired today!, next up downpipe...