Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Found an installer for the headers today

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tadd:
Good to hear you found someone you trust to do the job.

There was a time in my life when I would crawl under a car before Jack stands were all the rage... We use to use Milk Crates of all things...
We would stack them in pairs of 2 on all 4 corners ...plenty of daylight and room to crawl under there lol... We also use to have "Bumper jacks" wen bumpers were made out of real steel...lol Not like these nowadays chinsey screw jacks..with plastic bumpers. Always had a friend of a friend that could weld and had something portable... Or knew of a guy at a shop to get it done right the first time after assembly.

Those days are long gone forsure... So guys like you and I now have to rely on people "in the business" to do our dirty work... What we use to take so much pleasure from doing things ourselves...

I don't mind paying someone now to do it for me...as long as I know there trust worthy.. Which like you I too have found a shop that I can put my complete trust in to do the job I'm paying them for with out the fear of either getting ripped off or doing a "Chitty" job...

I look forward to the spring meet to see it up close and personal! and also hear the sweet music it will provide.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:03 AM

Well you guys are lucky to find a good shop I have not. Zzp sells good parts but a good quality installation shop they are not. Had them swap my old engine with new rebuilt and Im now on my 3rd and hopefully final motor...

Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I will see how the install goes with Muffler Man if It goes well I will call ZZP and make a recommendation

I want to get a stainless pipe to replace my galvanized resonator delete any way

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-27-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04 SS/SC
I'm surprised you wouldn't just put headers on yourself very simple to do just a little time consuming sometimes.
I'm not sure it's THAT simple, especially without a hoist. The LS4 is crammed in there. I have a hard enough time moving the damn battery in and out of the car.

Glad you found a shop you're happy with Tadd.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:08 AM

Congrats on finding someone Tadd. If anyone is in NC I highly recommend Home

They did my mufflers when I had them installed and I will be going back to them when I get my new car here in the next few weeks. They had a great shop, it's run by a father and son both of which who could weld better then spintech could weld there mufflers. They also showed me this really nice custom Chevy truck they were working on. And as they did the install they let me hang around in the shop and watch and check out the work. Obviously I couldn't like stand under the car with them while they worked. But as long as you weren't putting yourself in harms way, you were fine to hang around and watch. I will be gong there for any exhaust work that I need and I recommend them to anyone in NC or who wants to drive to NC lol.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:48 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

I wouldn't say its a "simple" job either. Not everyone is a full blown mechanic either.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM

Lol well I'm not a full blown mechanics but whe it comes to bolting things on or taking something apart anyone can do it if they think a little. Some spots are hard to get to tho ya just time consuming

Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

I wouldnt even bother with certain things. Too much stress for me.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:07 PM

Hahaha yeah you definitely need patience when doing something like that

Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04 SS/SC
I'm surprised you wouldn't just put headers on yourself very simple to do just a little time consuming sometimes.

I installed my speed daddy headers on my Monte, But I have a lift in my garage.. , I installed headers on my 1977 Camaro back in the day in the driveway before I was married & had a lift. had to jack it way up in the air...LOL
Tadd I'm glad you found a shop to install them..

Quick Reply: Found an installer for the headers today