Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Flowmaster universal inline resonator... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/flowmaster-universal-inline-resonator-2183/)

jeffsmonte 08-30-2006 05:02 PM

Flowmaster universal inline resonator...

I just learned that flowmaster makes a replacement for stock resonators to be used in conjunction with their mufflers. Does anyone know about this product, and what its performance is like?? How much of a differance over stock resonators?

montejass 08-30-2006 11:12 PM

RE: Flowmaster universal inline resonator...

I've not heard of this one yet. Have a link?

mentiroso 09-07-2006 04:49 PM

I was curious about this myself so I went to the Flowmaster site and found this

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=2299

SoCalSS 09-08-2006 04:08 AM

Anyone have ball park on how much it would cost to have a place fabricate me a U-bend replacement? For anyone who doesn't know. When Chevy made the new Monte they decided for some crack head reason to moun the O2 sensor vertically, and inorder to do this they put a smal U in our exhaust right after the headers and it's extremely constrictive. All you would need to do is have some place make you a piece of straight pipe and screw the O2 sensor in there, frees up a lot of air. I know they sell pre-made pipes solely for this purpose, but I'm just wondering if it would be cheaper to have a local muffler shop do it for me. Has anyone had this done? Let me know.

montejass 09-08-2006 10:00 AM

You will more than likely shave a few dollars having a shop make one for you, but if I were you I would seriously consider replacing the entire DP & CAT. I purchased one from ZZP and it's been one of the better mods I have done so far. It increases the DP size to 2.5", u-bend delete and a Magnaflow CAT. Bolts right in with no modifications.

I had a scare 40 miles after installation where the SES light went off and generated an o2 sensor code, I cleared the code and have been code free for 200 miles so far...

montejass 09-08-2006 11:26 AM

Damn, I should have known better to talk about my SES light, it came back on this morning on my way to work.

Ok, so maybe the ZZP DP is not a good mod.....

Could just be the o2 sensor but I doubt it.....

SoCalSS 09-08-2006 11:59 PM

Ok. Well I got tired of wondering or telling myself "maybe" I will do it, so I took a ride to a local muffler shop today to find out about the U-bend delete, and by the time I left I had a U-bend delete, ditched the resonator all together and swapped out the stock mufflers for some sweet Flowmasters. So basically I went there for a U-bend delete and $500 later left with an entire CAT-back exhaust. Haha. Don't you just love the impulse buys? It sounds absolutely beautiful and flows great. I need to get some sounds bits for you guys. I kept the stock tips because they look good, but everything else from the CAT on back is brand spankin new Flowmaster. Now I just need to re-flash my PCM. Any tips on a good programmer?

Bigg J 09-09-2006 02:44 AM

I am CRAVING a sound byte of a full flowmaster system!! Please post as soon as possible!! Phoenix said in another thread that he doesn't like the flowmasters and doesn't recommend them. How do you feel about the overall outcome of the system?

montejass 09-09-2006 03:19 AM

LOL... You sound like me....

I am the impulse buy king....

I just picked up Coffeecup flash video software today, if I can find the time this weekend I will post a video on my website of my setup...

SoCalSS 09-09-2006 04:06 AM

So far the set-up isnt too bad, I haven't really had the chance to go to crrazy yet, but from what I can see it's great. Good sound, good flow. One thing I would recomment though if you go for a setup similar to mine, have them do a crossover on the mufflers to help balance the flow. When you have it in Neutral and you hit it hard it has a sort of "tinny" sound, doesn't happen while driving, even at 6000 RPM, only when you rev it hard in park or neutral, but the crossover will get rid of that. Oh, has anybody had experience with those Pre-programmed PCMs like the one that PFYC offers? I was wondering about those, but I figured they can't possible be much good because that company "Digital Horsepower" Doesn't know exactly what you have done to your car or what you want. They are only 99 bucks though, that's the only good thing I noticed.