Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster Super 44's HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Default Flowmaster Super 44's HELP

Hey fellow Montes!

I have a 2006 LTZ Monte and I wanted a new rumble for her, so I ordered myself some Flowmaster Super 44s after doing some research and people said that it was the deepest, throatiest sounding mufflers. (right?) anyway, I ordered them for a 3" in/outlet... will that fit? can an exhaust shop make it fit if it doesn't? or when i get them shipped to me (they just got shipped this morning) so when they get here do i send them back?

just a bit of help here please! thank you

Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 PM

The shop has adapters to install them. No problem there.

Ps. Im running super 44s too but u wont get the good rumble till u switch to a high flow cat, resonator delete and not sure about ur monte but a u bend delete as well and a higher flowing intake. Other wise all u hear is engine noise after 3000rpm and almost nothing at the highway

Now that being said introduce yourself, and ur monte.

Last edited by Habbibie; 09-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't personally think they're the throatiest Flowmaster mufflers, definitely not for mufflers in general. You'll probably run in to quite a bit of rasp with them also.

You'll have trouble getting the sound that Habbibie gets because he has the 3400, which is a bit deeper in general than the 3800. So all that he said is probably going to be completely different for you being the 3.9.

The muffler shop will be able to make them fit just fine, so you don't have to worry about that part!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:57 PM

thanks for the help! and I do realize id have to take out or replace the resonator (glasspack?) but that will come in the future haha, but now im not worrying about the 3" mufflers lol thank you

but i am a new Monte owner, a 2006 LTZ 3.9, painted black rims, tints, all blackout grill and emblems, running no mufflers now lol i used to have a 2004 SRT-4! the monte is not the same, but shes growing on me.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Norway94
thanks for the help! and I do realize id have to take out or replace the resonator (glasspack?) but that will come in the future haha, but now im not worrying about the 3" mufflers lol thank you

but i am a new Monte owner, a 2006 LTZ 3.9, painted black rims, tints, all blackout grill and emblems, running no mufflers now lol i used to have a 2004 SRT-4! the monte is not the same, but shes growing on me.
I bet your not used to being so slow then but I also bet you're liking the extra space, while maybe missing the seats a bit?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:07 PM

Take out the resonator at the muffler shop the same u get the mufflers put on. They'll weld a straight pipe in instead better than a glass pack IMO I don't care what any1 else says about that one a straight pipe is louder than a glass pack even though the glass pack in hallow in the middle

Ps. The srt4 is a neon after all fast or not it's a neon it's very poorly designed

Last edited by Habbibie; 09-14-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 AM

I didnt think a srt4 neon was much faster then a supercharged monte. and ltz are only .2-.3 behind a supercharged. and welcome btw. I love my monte cant imagine another vehicle I fit in aswell for the price lol.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Ps. The srt4 is a neon after all fast or not it's a neon it's very poorly designed
care to elaborate? lol

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I didnt think a srt4 neon was much faster then a supercharged monte. and ltz are only .2-.3 behind a supercharged. and welcome btw. I love my monte cant imagine another vehicle I fit in aswell for the price lol.
stock-ish srt-4 is pretty close to a G8 GT. plus they have the mod-ability x2 of the 3800 lol

I actually fit in the srt-4 decently, I was very surprised.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM

i absolutely loved the SRT haha mine was so clean, had basic bolt ons and then some extras. but YES so much modability, and now there is absolutely nothing for the 3.9 very sad! lol but the srt was waaaaa faster haha and the seats definitely! for me being 6' 3" i surprisingly fit very well into the SRT! i never sat in the back so i didnt have to worry about that lol but the monte is very nice size wise, and im getting roughly the same MPG (2-3 less) and thank god no more premium fuel! the SRT only had a 12 gallon tank though, but yes thank you!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Norway94
i absolutely loved the SRT haha mine was so clean, had basic bolt ons and then some extras. but YES so much modability, and now there is absolutely nothing for the 3.9 very sad! lol but the srt was waaaaa faster haha and the seats definitely! for me being 6' 3" i surprisingly fit very well into the SRT! i never sat in the back so i didnt have to worry about that lol but the monte is very nice size wise, and im getting roughly the same MPG (2-3 less) and thank god no more premium fuel! the SRT only had a 12 gallon tank though, but yes thank you!
really, they're that close for mpg? the srt gets much better at higher rpms I'm sure. The one we took out for two hours and had 5-6 trips up to about 140 mph and the gas gauge didn't move at all haha and at 6'7" I fit fairly well lol

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Super 44's HELP