Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhausting Question ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Exhausting Question ???

I read about the U-Bend and understand why it needs to be replaced for increase in performance maybe mileage, but the questions I have are as follows:

On a Supercharged car is the exhaust two seperate pipes all the way to the tips? Or do they come to a crossover that goes from two to one back to two pipes? Is there two U-Bends?

I know I can crawl my butt under there to find out, but right now I just want to drink a beer and stay warm.

Well at least I'm thinking of performance eh?

Old 12-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Exhausting Question ???

ORIGINAL: odessadude

I read about the U-Bend and understand why it needs to be replaced for increase in performance maybe mileage, but the questions I have are as follows:

On a Supercharged car is the exhaust two seperate pipes all the way to the tips? Or do they come to a crossover that goes from two to one back to two pipes? Is there two U-Bends?

I know I can crawl my butt under there to find out, but right now I just want to drink a beer and stay warm.

Well at least I'm thinking of performance eh?
Don't believe you have dual exhausts. You have a "Y" and then the "U-bend."

Don't know of any modern, "low-cost" cars that come with dual exhauts these days.