Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Opinion Needed: Exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:47 PM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
I would change the tips how they look and it looks like there not welded up right
I think that I am going to change the exhaust tips and leave the rest of the system alone for now. I'm going to wait a bit before getting to it, because I spent quite a bit of money in the last week on the Monte. I change pads and rotors on front and rear along with new spark plugs and wires. That put a good dent in my bank account lol.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

For what its worth, I have stainless Magnaflow's with stainless welded tips. It's a little too much highway drone for me but sounds great at idle. I plan to go back and add install a resonator, that should help the drone and maybe be a tick quieter.

My tip on exhaust tips: If you have stainless pipe, mufflers, and tips be sure the installer uses stainless wire in his MIG welder!! My guy did not. I didn't notice this until a couple months after the install.It reall sucks to see weld joints with rust on stainless parts. Stainless wire is more expensive but the finished job looks much better.