Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust ????'s HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Default Exhaust ????'s HELP!

I don't have any modifications on my car as of right now. The first thing I want to do is give my car a bit more attitude. I want to hear a slight roar when I hit the gas(not too loud though) I have read a lot about the U bend delete and maybe some performance mufflers but I'm not sure. I would also like a little more horsepower but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that either. I have a 2003 Monte Carlo SS 3.8L. HELP, lol I don't want the guys at the shop putting stuff on my car that is not going to give me the results that I want. Thanks

P.S. I don't have a lot of $$$ but I can get stuff done over time

Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Default RE: Exhaust ????'s HELP!

U-Bend Delete, and if you want more tone, go with a cat-back exhaust system, or the flowmasters. Unfortunately, money is the name of the game, and if you dont have alot of it, the Ubend delete is to come before anything else on that exhaust.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 AM

Oh, and Welcome to MCF!

Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM

The u-bend delete if for sure worth the money. Gives you good hp gains. Mostclaim 10 hp gain.Not bad for about $50-$60. Also for mufflers, you have tons of choices, Magnaflow, Borla, Flowmaster, Dynomax. Those are about the top 4. Magnaflow and Dynomaxis a little quit, I think Magnaflowsounds kind of ricey on a V6. Borla have a pretty good rumble to it. Flowmaster Delta Flow would be my choice for your car. I think it sounds the best, good deep rumble, and when you get on it, good aggresive sound. Also with the Delta Flows with the window's up youcan hardly hear it, but still making a good sound outside the car. Also you could take the resonator off, but some say it makes it pretty loud in the car. The hp gain on that isn't that great 1-2 maybe, butit will make your exhaust louder, I wouldn't go for it. Hope that helps. Also for wanting more hp, you can go with an intake either SLP, K&N, K&N is probably the best in the market, most people really like them.Check out 3800 performance.com they have a lot of good stuff for your car. This is a picture of the u-bend delete, you could either buy this one from pfyc, or have the exhaust shop fab one up,

Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

you sound like the kind of man who would like dynomax... they are ultra quiet when you buy them, but give them a few thousand miles and they get a bitlouder. they aren't as loud as a flowmaster and not quite as loud as the magnaflows. however, its what your ears like. do what they said, but take the resonator out too. its right behind the u bend. get it replaced with a glasspack or just straight pipe and it will be a bit noisier.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:08 PM

Just got my Flowmaster's put on today, sounds sweet. I would say don't take the resonator if you just want a slight roar and not overly loud. Plus Cowboy her screen name say's ss_girl so it would be more like a woman who likes dynomax not a man, lol.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

sorry []

Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 AM

I'm going to start calling some places this week about putting in the u bend delete. I like the Flowmaster 40's sound, but I really like how the Dynomax Super Turbos sound. Iwant aCAI but I'm sooo paranoid. Does installing a CAI void my warranty? Does it make the CEL come on? Oh yeah, I want some exhaust tips, but I don't know what length I should look at. I only want some that stick out about 2" inches from the rear. Thanks

Old 10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did the U-bend delete and kept the resonator. I have Dynomax cat back and it's got a good deep rumble sound - bought mine 4 years ago from summit racing for around $500 - non stainless steel and painted it with eastwoods exhaust paint and it still is holding up well. (I don't drive my car in the rain and snow anymore though)

Old 10-29-2007, 09:34 AM

So if I take the resonator with the one 60 series... will it make it louder as now i have no sound in the cabin at all... i want to be able to hear it inside as well as out... was wondering if this would help

Quick Reply: Exhaust ????'s HELP!