Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust clips

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default exhaust clips

hey, if anyone has sound clips of their exhaust can you post them and what mufflers are on it??? i'm trying to decide if i want to do this now...

mine's the 3.8l supercharged

thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Default RE: exhaust clips

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SxlmxDh3x...ted&search=

i know this is a grand prix..but its the same engine...so it should sound the same and i couldn't mind much on youtube for monte's...lots for grand prix's though

now my question is that this car still has the resonator it it....mine does not...this shouldn't make that much of a difference should it?? i dont think so..

only reason i ask is cuz i kinda like the sound of this car....but i still want to hear a lot of different ones

except for i dont like that raspy sound it has when he hits the gas....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0_BEWnd4L0
this one has the same thing...sounds good till you hit the gas and you can hear that weird raspy sound and i really dont want that ...so thats why i'm looking for suggestions

Old 01-19-2007, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member

has anyone heard of ravin mufflers...i'd like to know if they sound good on the 3.8 l and i can't seem to find anything on the net for them sound clip wise for a 3.8l...just wondering if anyone has heard them before
i've heard them on v8's and they sound awesome...but i'm wondering what it would sound like on a v6

Old 01-24-2007, 11:19 PM

I dont think Ravin is in business anymore. I was looking for one for my 2000 S10 Blazer and had no luck. I found a company here in town that made one identical to the Ravin design. They are called Lawson Industries. Dont have a link handy but here is how it sounded on my Blazer (4.3L V6).

http://media.putfile.com/100_021373

Old 01-24-2007, 11:23 PM

Actually I found the link. They have a couple of different series but I got the "Insynerator" series and it sounded great on low to mid to partial high acceleration. At full it did sound a little raspy but not as bad as Flowmaster or Magnaflow. Not bad for a V6.

http://www.lawsonindustries.com/insynerator.html

Check that line out and there other ones too. Price was pretty good if you ask me. I traded the Blazer for my Intimidator SS and as soon as I get some extra cash I am getting a set for my car. Forgot to mention the Blazer had a Magnaflow High Flow cat that I got new on ebay for $40 shipped and a CAI. Besides that all stock exhaust/intake.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:27 AM

im thinking the dirty rasp is just from the lack of mufflers. I need a soundclip for ya, i got the magnaflow high flow dp, resonator removed with a small glasspack and dual flows plus ur standarded under the hood mods, and i love it. Sometimes the drone gets to me but its only at low low rpms

Old 01-25-2007, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member

yah, i know ravin went out of business..but they're still available on ebay sometimes...
i'm so iffy on this subject that i really gotta hear it first and its gotta be exactly the sound i want...
i can never make up my mind what i want on exhaust..because sometimes i want to hear the exhaust..and others i like to hear the supercharger and not the exhaust...i dunno..soo oo confuzing...lol

Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM

I would say on a V6 enjoy the nice sound of the supercharger. I think it sounds better than any exhaust would. Just my opinion though.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member

lol...thats what i'm thinking again...when it comes to exhaust i change my mind more times than a women..lol...

Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 PM

I would have to hear the sound of the exhaust set-up in person. Unfortunately, I have never heard any V6 that really sounds all that good. My son has an Oldsmobile Bravada, and he put aMagnaflow system on it, andIMHO it does not sound good. He thinks it's OK but when you spend $600-$800, you have a hard time telling yourself it does'nt sound like you expected.

Quick Reply: exhaust clips