Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   DynoMax catback (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/dynomax-catback-29559/)

03SSLE 07-15-2011 02:31 PM

I can't speak from experience about how the Dynomax will sound on a Monte, but they sounded fantastic on my GMC T15 (4.3ltr - single exhaust) and my '75 Monza (383 SBC - dual exhaust w/balance tube).

my00monte 07-15-2011 02:32 PM

I'm sure it will be worth it! I have my mods all planned out too. I'm going to get exhaust, then subs, then wheels. After that I don't know because those are expensive mods. :P

ChibiBlackSheep 07-15-2011 02:51 PM

Make a list, do a couple cheap ones in between the expensive ones to keep the mod bug at bay!

I still remember the day I decided to save up a bunch of money and get the HVTB, HV3, ER Rockers, Plog, and tune all done in one day. It was a blast.

06-montelt2 07-18-2011 02:40 PM

Here is a link to a dynomax on an 04 -

‪DynoMax SuperTurbo duals 04 Monte Carlo LS‬‏ - YouTube

This link is my monte with the SLP catback system, keep in mind i have the 3.5 v6 -

‪Monte 3.5 v6 slp exhaust‬‏ - YouTube

The SLP kit i bought from SFXPERFORMANCE.COM, for about $555 and after the coupon code its a total of $500 when using google check out. My personal opinion is that the SLP kit will withstand better then the dynomax and the Magnaflow kit(the most expensive) will probably be better made then both. However i feel the SLP kit might be a bit louder then the Magnaflow... I love my new SLP haha ;)

xxtheshockerxx 07-18-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 06-montelt2 (Post 343431)

The SLP kit i bought from SFXPERFORMANCE.COM, for about $555 and after the coupon code its a total of $500 when using google check out. My personal opinion is that the SLP kit will withstand better then the dynomax and the Magnaflow kit(the most expensive) will probably be better made then both. However i feel the SLP kit might be a bit louder then the Magnaflow... I love my new SLP haha ;)

I got my magnaflow kit for just over 500 :thumbsup:

06-montelt2 07-18-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 343444)
I got my magnaflow kit for just over 500 :thumbsup:

Yeah actually thats true! There are also a few of the magnaflow kits on Ebay for just over 500 bux. Just keep an eye out for the exhaust system you like the best. Do research on each system, pick your favorite then find the BEST price for that system.

RickAKATed10 07-19-2011 09:46 AM

FYI, Dynomax has a $75 mail-in rebate going on right now through August I believe. That might just sweeten the deal for you.

I just had a Dynomax stainless steel cat-back installed on my Mustang and she sounds great. After mail-in rebate, $325. That's hard to beat.

my00monte 07-19-2011 04:47 PM

I think I'll save up a little more for the SLP, despite how temping it is to buy the Dynomax right now because I already have the money. I just did a quick search for the MagnaFlow exhaust system on ebay, nothing. The only drawbacks of the dynomax in my opinion, is that it's 2.25", and it's not a stainless steel. I guess that and it isn't going to turn heads like I want to. :P I'll find something, then once I can get it installed, I'll post an update.

06-montelt2: So since your Monte has the 3.5, and mine has the 3.8, how would the exhaust sounds be different. Would mine be deeper?

Thanks a bunch, guys!
Tyler

Lynds.66 02-02-2016 10:34 AM

xxshockerxx I've seen that system lowest for around $750 where'd you get yours and how cheap?

KCFITZ78 02-06-2016 08:23 PM

Keep in mind that SLP will rust too, except for the mufflers.

Also keep in mind that SLP no longer supports their warranties on exhaust systems for the Monte Carlos as they have discontinued these exhaust systems for the Monte Carlos. I tried to make a claim on my intermidate pipe flange that rotted and this is the response I received from SLP....

SLP Performance Parts was sold and moved to Michigan in March, 2013. We no longer carry parts, so we don’t have anything at our facility to offer you. I did try to contact SLP Performance to see if they had the part available, but they informed me it was on back order. Then they called me back about 1 hour later and informed me the product was discontinued. With this new information, the only thing that would be available is to recommend you bring the vehicle to a weld shop and have it repaired. This repair should be no more than $50.00 If you did have an original receipt, this would be the same course of action.

As for the surface rust. “The exhaust pipes are 409SS which will get a surface rust while the mufflers are 304SS which will not get a surface rust. The flange is mild steel”

If we could be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to call.
Kindest regards,

MaryAnn Limongello
SLP Specialty Vehicles, Inc.
Customer Service
732-240-3696 ext. 173
732-341-6084 fax
mlimongello@slpcars.com
https://blu179.afx.ms/att/GetInline....f30&oneredir=1
Visit our website at: http://www.slpcars.com