Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dual pipes on my ls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Default Dual pipes on my ls?

I been looking at alot of topic about deleting the res. I been looking into putting dual on my LS maybe the flowmasters 40 series. I been watching video on youtube wit ppl who hav put flowmasters on the LS but alot of them sound abit loud for my taste....I live in a quiet area with a bunch of old folks who would call the cops in a heart beat over anything including sound violation. I wanted to know if I put the flowmasters 40 series on my LS and keep my resonator would it be quiet enough to keep the elders from calling the cops and writing letters leaving them on my door?

Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

In my Option if you did a 14" resonator you would be good to go it will sound better and wont be to loud .I to live in a quiet area and with mine no one complains about mine I am a Little louder than stock but it sounds much deeper than it did stock and that is what i was going for .
YouTube - Blazed SS Exhuast"

Last edited by Blazed SS; 04-07-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
In my Option if you did a 14" resonator you would be good to go it will sound better and wont be to loud .I to live in a quiet area and with mine no one complains about mine I am a Little louder than stock but it sounds much deeper than it did stock and that is what i was going for .
YouTube - Blazed SS Exhuast"
keith what resonator is that? it sounds good.

OP, i would do just normal mufflers but dual if your just going for the looks

Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

it came with my Borla Catback System when I ordered it they asked me how big of one I wanted I could get a 22" ,18",14" or a 12" and I picked the 14" after talking to them about what I wanted it to sound like

Old 04-07-2011, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
it came with my Borla Catback System when I ordered it they asked me how big of one I wanted I could get a 22" ,18",14" or a 12" and I picked the 14" after talking to them about what I wanted it to sound like
hmm, ill have to look into it, seems like it would make my exhaust a little deeper and louder even though i don't have the cat back

Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

yea man the camera does not due it justice much deeper in person and now that I have the new down pipe and the u bend delete done it is even better

Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
keith what resonator is that? it sounds good.

OP, i would do just normal mufflers but dual if your just going for the looks
So if I just want duals I should just do normal mufflers? And that would be just for looks with no noise? I was just really curious about the flowmasters 40 series would it sound coo' on my ls wit the res without alot of noise

Old 04-07-2011, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rell
So if I just want duals I should just do normal mufflers? And that would be just for looks with no noise? I was just really curious about the flowmasters 40 series would it sound coo' on my ls wit the res without alot of noise
i think the 40 delta flow will be louder than what you seem to want, you're in the same situation as me, i don't want it to be too loud or sound bad, i just have stock mufflers and its somewhat deep now

Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
i think the 40 delta flow will be louder than what you seem to want, you're in the same situation as me, i don't want it to be too loud or sound bad, i just have stock mufflers and its somewhat deep now
I can take alil noise but not alot. I hav a friend wit duals on his charger SE n his charger sounds so like a beater. Do u know which flowmaster series is quieter?

Old 04-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Hey guys, I did exactly that, ubend delete on my LS, left res on, and put Flowmaster 40 series on it. I don't think it is too loud, it has a nice rumble, especially on take-off and acceleration 2500-3000 the most, then tones down. A little reverb in the cabin, but again, not too bad, I love the sound!!! I don't own a good recorder or I would sound bit it for you. Cost me about $400.00 total and a local muffler shop, all stainless and welded, with chrome tips.

Quick Reply: Dual pipes on my ls?