Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

dual exhaust... finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010 | 06:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by HPNOTIQracing
take some pics of the piping and post em up for us. it will clear up the confusion
Good idea.

Old 07-26-2010 | 06:46 PM
|

oh its going to fit. i spent at least an hour on my back with the car as far up in the air i could get it with jack stands measureing and checking, and checking some more, don't worry it'll fit. i should get it back in the afternoon so i'll have pictures up along with updated pics of my car+ impala spoiler and dual exhuast, along with my brothers first claybar with his cobalt ss. and yes its a SINGLE muffler, i don't really like the look of 2 large mufflers when you look at at. i could have put loudmouths, cherry bombs, or thrush mufflers on but that is a little much on a V6

Old 07-26-2010 | 09:22 PM
15 Year Member

Dont get me wrong, Im happy for you getting this done, but I agree with the post above, it seems pretty steep. I paid that for everything I have done with the exception of the DP which I did myself. So thats upgraded stainless pipes to 2.6", Y-Pipe, 2 mufflers with tips, and U-Bend/resontor/cat delete, and the hangars of course, and the pipe was mendral (or is it mandrel) bent, not crush bent. And I didnt get any kind of discount from knowing the guy or anything. Just saying though.
If you are happy with the job and YOU think you got a fair price, then you didnt get ripped off, thats what I always say. POST PICS WHEN ITS DONE

Old 07-27-2010 | 08:00 AM
|

just dropped the monte off, i hope they don't encounter any problems!

Old 07-27-2010 | 10:28 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Sounds interesting. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2010 | 10:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

you i was by no means trying to bring you down with what i said, i was just sharing what i thought the muffler shop told me, definately post some pics tho, i think were all interested.

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:19 PM
|

yeah its ok i know its a different set-up than what people are used to. anyway just got a call from my exhaust shop and now they are saying they might not be able to do the u-bend delete, i mean honestly how can they not? they are an exhaust shop! but the good thing is that my mechanic buddy agreed to do the u-bend if they won't for next to nothing. they also told me that the muffler is going to sit about 2 inches lower than the resonator because of heat issues with the underbody and the thickness of the muffler which is understanderble. its coming along though, anyhour now!

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

i told you! lol jk definately post a pic the minute you get it tho! lol

Old 07-27-2010 | 12:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by silverstreak
yeah its ok i know its a different set-up than what people are used to. anyway just got a call from my exhaust shop and now they are saying they might not be able to do the u-bend delete, i mean honestly how can they not? they are an exhaust shop! but the good thing is that my mechanic buddy agreed to do the u-bend if they won't for next to nothing. they also told me that the muffler is going to sit about 2 inches lower than the resonator because of heat issues with the underbody and the thickness of the muffler which is understanderble. its coming along though, anyhour now!
Hopefully you can post a youtube vid also.

Old 07-27-2010 | 01:08 PM
|

i don't really know how to post vids, as far as a video camara goes i have a blackberry so its going to be crappy quality. still waiting though i just hope it didn't fall off the hoist

Quick Reply: dual exhaust... finally