Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cold air inductions intake

Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM
1 Year Member
Default Cold air inductions intake

Hey guys so one of the mods I am wanting to do is do a CAI. I have heard highly of Cold air inductions as well as wizaired. My question to you all is, are these actually good products. Do they actually do there job and suck in cold air or do they still suck in hot air like a lot of K&N ones do? Thanks for the help

Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The inlet of this style CAI is exposed to atmosphere and sealed from under hood so they do provide colder air to the induction system. I think Bill @ CAI Inc would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Even as busy as they get at times he was quite helpful and answered all my questions to satisfaction. His contact info is on his member page, the vendor section and the Cold Air Inc web site.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:28 PM
1 Year Member

Would you say a CAI is worth it? There are so many mods I want to do to my car (exhaust, CAI, new paint job, etc). I'm sure a CAI isn't going to give any drastic notice in performance boosts or do vastly better with MPG. But if it at least does something then I think it is probably worth it. Any opinions?

Old 04-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Would you say a CAI is worth it? There are so many mods I want to do to my car (exhaust, CAI, new paint job, etc). I'm sure a CAI isn't going to give any drastic notice in performance boosts or do vastly better with MPG. But if it at least does something then I think it is probably worth it. Any opinions?

get the CAI - I got a K&N and loved the little bit of boast I got and it added a nice sound. But then I have the LS4 engine.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
get the CAI - I got a K&N and loved the little bit of boast I got and it added a nice sound. But then I have the LS4 engine.
I also have the LS4 haha. Are there any other performance mods that are a little better for the money? I have about $400 to spend. I kind of want to get all the little stuff out of the way first so I then can get into the more expensive stuff, like a new exhaust, lowering springs and struts, and a new paintjob to fix the minor rust problems and small rock chips. I will get a CAI at some point anyway, but if there is something better while I have some extra money then I want to go that route. I'm new to the modding world so I have no clue what are good mods to do that are a good money to performance ratio.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would get the CAI. Those do change the engine tone nicely, and then everytime you romp on the gas pedal

Old 04-27-2013, 06:40 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I would get the CAI. Those do change the engine tone nicely, and then everytime you romp on the gas pedal
Yea I think I'm gonna get one. I think I'm just over thinking things and thinking there is better stuff for the money, which I'm sure there is but oh well, I can get those later haha

Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Yea I think I'm gonna get one. I think I'm just over thinking things and thinking there is better stuff for the money, which I'm sure there is but oh well, I can get those later haha
There may be better stuff for the money but you have to start somewhere. IMO making the engine breathe better is a good place to start

Old 04-27-2013, 12:24 PM

I also have the LS4 haha. Are there any other performance mods that are a little better for the money? I have about $400 to spend. I kind of want to get all the little stuff out of the way first so I then can get into the more expensive stuff, like a new exhaust, lowering springs and struts, and a new paintjob to fix the minor rust problems and small rock chips. I will get a CAI at some point anyway, but if there is something better while I have some extra money then I want to go that route. I'm new to the modding world so I have no clue what are good mods to do that are a good money to performance ratio.
ls1 intake. you can make a cai that would be similar to what the sell for a fraction of the price. once again another purchase i wish i had never made. for the price of the cai and a exhaust you could do a ls1 intake and tune and make way more power than any of the other bolt ons combined. then you do headers, rockers/cam, tune, then have the trans built.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I have the Cold Air Inductions intake on my Monte and really like it. Great product. I did notice better throttle response, and if you plan on tuning in the future, its well worth it! Plus the CAI in combo with my exhaust sounds awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold air inductions intake