Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Been gathering parts for the next project.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Been gathering parts for the next project.

Over the last couple weeks I have been getting the parts together for my next project. I am just missing one big thing and one minor thing. I ordered OBX headers for my LS4 so I plan on redoing the exhaust. I am going to install a Badlanz electronic cutout and run 3" stainless from the downpipe to the first bend by the gas tank. Then maybe in the future run the 3" all the way to the Y pipe. I am really curious and excited to hear the difference especially with a cutout installed. While it is all apart I figured it would be a good time to do plugs and wires also. I got some Bosch Iridiums that I won from LS1tech.com awhile back and I am waiting on my plug wires to come. Headers will be here on Wednesday. I will have to keep this thread updated as I get the rest.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 PM

Luckily your doing headers too, wont 3'' hurt our exhaust unless we have headers and such? If I remember correctly it has something to do with the back pressure..But nice ! I just got mine finished tuned today on the dyno !

Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 PM
RED DEVIL

it shouldn't matter too much I already have a 3" downpipe so in reality I am only extending the 3" about 3 extra feet. Will at Overkill has said before 3" exhaust is the way to go on these it sounded like to me. I wouldn't have done any of this without the headers haha. I never thought I would have a set honestly. Things just worked out perfect I guess.

edit: what were your dyno numbers?

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 05-05-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:24 PM

Eh about 250 wheel hp I believe, these are rated at 300+ but wheel is only about 250, my tuner said a GTP with a CAI and a exhaust was pushing more top end than me, I have him on acc and torque but top end, the CAI would benefit more. So, my next step is to get a CAI, not sure if I just wanna fab one up, or buy a kit. But that's atleast another 10-15 top end for me, then getting a better flowing exhaust system.

How much are your headers running you?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:35 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Eh about 250 wheel hp I believe, these are rated at 300+ but wheel is only about 250, my tuner said a GTP with a CAI and a exhaust was pushing more top end than me, I have him on acc and torque but top end, the CAI would benefit more. So, my next step is to get a CAI, not sure if I just wanna fab one up, or buy a kit. But that's atleast another 10-15 top end for me, then getting a better flowing exhaust system.

How much are your headers running you?
not bad for a mostly stock LS4 they are usually around 240ish at the wheels. I am hoping for 280ish after this stuff.

They were $470. I sold my stock rims for $400 this week so really it only cost me $70 out of my pocket plus the other stuff...that all adds up. But I plan to sell my catless downpipe for the amount the cutoff cost me so it won't be too bad in the end for all that I will get done.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:40 PM

yeah with a tune and everything stock it came up to about 250-260. You got any after market parts for sale? lol

Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 PM
RED DEVIL

yeah with a tune and everything stock it came up to about 250-260. You got any after market parts for sale? lol
All I will have for sale that I am currently not using will be the downpipe and there has been a few people ask about it so I don't think I will have too much trouble getting rid of it haha

Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 PM

aw man, say did u ever install your trans cooler? lol

Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Hey Zack... Really coming along nicely...

Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 PM
RED DEVIL

aw man, say did u ever install your trans cooler? lol
nope haha. I think I got one that is borderline too big. The only way I can fit it up in there is to take my whole front bumper off and I have yet to get the motivation to do that...but I really should sometime soon before the really hot weather hits here

Quick Reply: Been gathering parts for the next project.