Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Another exhaust set up ?. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/another-exhaust-set-up-35788/)

brendan127 04-21-2012 09:56 PM

Best sound I've heard so far..

Monte Carlo SS Exhaust - YouTube

2003L67SS 04-22-2012 10:30 PM

damn thats a low note for a v6! not bad sounding at all, but i wonder how it sounds under load...

and here's a little shot of some 5700-6250 rpm action with a corsa exhaust and SLP's closed course flyby - YouTube
not all 38's are raspy, it's just a pain to eliminate

brendan127 04-23-2012 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2003L67SS (Post 451298)
damn thats a low note for a v6! not bad sounding at all, but i wonder how it sounds under load...

and here's a little shot of some 5700-6250 rpm action with a corsa exhaust and SLP's closed course flyby - YouTube
not all 38's are raspy, it's just a pain to eliminate

Sounds like this..

2003 Monte Carlo SS new exhaust drive-bys - YouTube

Oh, and

That exhaust was SICK on the link you posted! I want it!

2003L67SS 04-23-2012 11:26 PM

it's mine lol, just SLP headers, no cat, and corsa catback, zero drone and it's silent until you step into it and then all hell breaks loose and you can hear it for miles. i'm building my own true dual setup this summer... going for nismo 350Z sound like this: 350z Nismo Exhaust - YouTube
there will be zero rasp, and it'll be nice and smooth, i gave up on v8 sound because it's impossible at cruising speed to make this engine sound like a v8 without a massive cam and huge heads... so might as well approach performance import 6 sound, where i'm very close but i need to do true duals to get it right

and back on topic yes the headers will fit any monte 3.8L 2000-2005
and pacesetters aren't the best when it comes to sealing up, which is why you get them from ZZPerformance and they fix all the sealing and fitment issues
and speed daddy headers aren't any better than pacesetters, not to mention they are really thin metal

brendan127 04-24-2012 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2003L67SS (Post 451740)
it's mine lol, just SLP headers, no cat, and corsa catback, zero drone and it's silent until you step into it and then all hell breaks loose and you can hear it for miles. i'm building my own true dual setup this summer... going for nismo 350Z sound like this: 350z Nismo Exhaust - YouTube
there will be zero rasp, and it'll be nice and smooth, i gave up on v8 sound because it's impossible at cruising speed to make this engine sound like a v8 without a massive cam and huge heads... so might as well approach performance import 6 sound, where i'm very close but i need to do true duals to get it right

and back on topic yes the headers will fit any monte 3.8L 2000-2005
and pacesetters aren't the best when it comes to sealing up, which is why you get them from ZZPerformance and they fix all the sealing and fitment issues
and speed daddy headers aren't any better than pacesetters, not to mention they are really thin metal

There's the end of my plan to get whatever mufflers I thought you had :(

2003L67SS 04-24-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127 (Post 451873)
There's the end of my plan to get whatever mufflers I thought you had :(

sorry dude, my exhaust is uncommon because of the cost of the dang parts, and i wouldn't know where to start on how to reproduce it without the corsa parts, honestly you can do better for less