Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

96 monte carlo z34 mufflers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Default 96 monte carlo z34 mufflers...

now i know i'm not goin to get the same rumble out of the monte as i do my stang. but what kind of mufflers would give this car a more beasty sound. it has the 3.4l motor in it

Old 09-11-2007, 10:33 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 96 monte carlo z34 mufflers...

i put a dynomax on my 3.8, its not loud, but its got a good, deep, rumbling sound to it. magnaflows are also pretty good. but you're right, you will never beat the sound of a Ford v8 engine, plain and simple.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 PM

Magnaflow and Flowmaster seem to be the best. I would ask z34phoenix for his opinion as well.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

WHAT?!?!!?!? NO DON'T PUT SLOWMASTERS ON YOUR CAR!!!! flowmasters are nothning but expensive, and i've only heard one on a v6 that sounded good, and that was only below about 2,000 rpm. they sound good on most v8',s but not a v6. i don't know how those systems got ot be so popular. to me, they don't sound as good as most other systmes on cars they actually sound good on. the sound your describing just doesn't come from flowmaster. go with dynomax or magnaflow. i've got the dynomax, it sounds good to me through 6,000 rpms, and thats where the rev limiter is. the most common complaint is that its not loud enough. its got a nice low rumble to it. you can feel your man clingers cling together whne i start it up it also takes awhile for them to "break in" they start out pretty quiet, yo ucan here them, but not as well. after about 300 miles or so they break in, get louder, and sound better.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

WHAT?!?!!?!? NO DON'T PUT SLOWMASTERS ON YOUR CAR!!!! flowmasters are nothning but expensive, and i've only heard one on a v6 that sounded good, and that was only below about 2,000 rpm. they sound good on most v8',s but not a v6. i don't know how those systems got ot be so popular. to me, they don't sound as good as most other systmes on cars they actually sound good on. the sound your describing just doesn't come from flowmaster. go with dynomax or magnaflow. i've got the dynomax, it sounds good to me through 6,000 rpms, and thats where the rev limiter is. the most common complaint is that its not loud enough. its got a nice low rumble to it. you can feel your man clingers cling together whne i start it up it also takes awhile for them to "break in" they start out pretty quiet, yo ucan here them, but not as well. after about 300 miles or so they break in, get louder, and sound better.
Wiz - care to put in your 0.02?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:22 PM

I have heard GTP's with 40's, and I think they sound great. Personal preference is the beauty of life. Everyone enjoys different sounds. I personally think that if you are seriously looking into a new exhaust, Dynomax and the pace setter's are the quieter of the sets. The SLP PowerFlo Exhaust system is one of the loudest, along with the ZZP Setup. If you want to get LOUD and semi-rumble, you're going to want to remove the resonator... and also the Ubend. I have heard that with the UBend delete, and a high-flow catalytic converter, you will be AMAZED at how much louder even the STOCK mufflers get.

Unfortunately, my entire exhaust system awaits me at home to be installed around the end of October. If you have the ability to wait another month and a half, I will be posting alot of clips on my website. ALSO, though there are only TWO right now, you can check out the exhaust clips under the media section on my website, found in my signature.

I know that didn't help, but hey, I tried.

Good luck!

-Keegan

Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM

That Random Tech pipe I have for sale really makes the rumble. With my new headers I got an SLP Cat and it quieted the exhaust down a bit and I don't have the rumble anymore. I just wish I could fabricate with that pipe but it's too much work with what I invested.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 PM

And of course, by Real Tech, Dan MEANT Random Technology.

And I figured the SLP would have made it LOUDER in the downpipe area... wonder why it made it more quiet... Weird, don't you think Dan?

Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 PM

HAHAHA I noticed you edited that...

Old 09-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Yep. I was looking at tree stands earlier.... Real Tek is that company.

Quick Reply: 96 monte carlo z34 mufflers...