Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

86 ss

Old 03-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Default 86 ss

I have a stock 86 ss 305 4-barrel. I removed the exhaust manifolds and have a set of headers I plan to install. I also want to put on an edelbrock 600 carb but keep the original intake. My concern is what to do about all the emmissions components. Can I simply bolt on the headers and the carb hook up the fuel and choke and bypass the emmissions or will the computer cause me problems.I really appreciate any help I can get Thanks.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Default RE: 86 ss

[align=center]Hi `Justin, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Be Patience, and I'm sure one of our expert member's[/align][align=center]will be able to help you.[/align][align=center](I think they are all @ the Monte Carlo Church : )[/align][align=center]It's Sunday Pray'in 4 `Gas/Money/Mod's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We hope that you post some pictures of your Monte,[/align][align=center]and that you keep us updated on your progress.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is a link concerning Emissions[/align][align=center]*Your computer needs to be able to read PDF files.[/align][align=center]I hope it gives you some information that you need.[/align][align=center]Good Luck to you on your `Mod's & with your Monte.[/align][align=center]Click on links below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][PDF]HIGH-FLO T.P.I. BASEPLATE For Chevrolet 305 c.i.... [/align][align=center]All exhaust emissions or emissions related stock. components may be retained ... INTAKE SYSTEM REMOVAL. NOTE: This section is intended for reference only. ...
www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/misc/tech_center/ins... - Similar pages
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_.../3000/3817.pdf

OK, where's all the help
[:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/D15985B7CA8D42859EC230247567A4C5.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 PM

yes you can take off all emmisions stuff the headers will bolt on no problem
i am not sure on the intake i hav not seen a stock intake in a long time not sure if it's dual patern for square and spred bore carbs
but you will need a old type vacume advance dis. because the small one you have now is computer control and if you take off the ccc carb it will not run right but that's not a big job to change and it worth doing it
good luck with your project

Old 03-16-2008, 07:08 PM

no they arent. you might have to get the adaptor plate for this.

If you need to do this get your self a heat sheild and a 1" spacer plate for it. i have foudn them in the past that have the stock bolt pattren on one end and the holley/eddelbrock on the other end.
So you can get away with just the heat sheild and the spacer. Other wise you will need to get the adaptor also. to make it work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.