Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

06 SS EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Default 06 SS EXHAUST

I have a 06 SS and was looking for some exhaust sugestions.Im looking for for a kit or other ideas to get some more sound..

Old 06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Default RE: 06 SS EXHAUST

Talk to the dealership first or it my void your warrenty. I wanted the same thing on my 2007 SS, but after talking to the dealership they told me basicly that it would change the back pressure and that would void parts of the warrenty. I would check first.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:44 PM

That is true, but it also has to be a direct correlation to your modification to void warranty. EG If you change the exhaust and you have a wheel sensor or T-stat issue, those will still be covered. If you have an exhaust valve issue, well that could be a bit of an issue then.

If you are ok with a wrench you might be able to avoid problems. If you just change the mufflers and experiance issues, put the OEM mufflers back on before you bring it in the shop. Unless a mechanic looks closely or happens to think about it, they won't check that stuff. If you have some shiny Magnaflows on all of a sudden they may start harrassing you.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

your exhuast system won't hurt anything... although out in the middle of Arizona somewhere is a little boot camp where Chevrolet employee's are trained. they go through rigorous physcial training and endless classes on how to tell a customer a big story about how a small modification they made voids their warranty and thus they will have to pay for it.