Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

"CAI"

Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Default "CAI"

So the cold air intake that I had ordered up from milzymotorsports really didn't make any sense on how to install or anything. So what I ended up doing was just sticking the cone filter on the end of MAF, basically creating a wai, or short ram intake. Whatever you wanna call it. Still sounds great, and I do feel an increase in performance. I'm gonna email MMS tomorrow and ask them if they have any instructions. Or even a picture of what it looks like. Cause no matter what I did, i could not make it all fit together. Not enough space.

Anyways. another question. My 98 MC, does it have a resonator? If it does, how much is it to remove roughly? That and which after market muffler would you guys suggest? I want a nice deep throaty sound to my car. A nice growl to it, to add to the bite :P. I'm guessing either a borla, or a flowmaster, but which would ones do you guys perfer?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: "CAI"

i prefer my 24" glasspack with no mufflers at all! you can go through the threads in this section adn find one that says "straight pipes installed! (sound bite included)" i got it on youtube. plus, it's cheaper than buying a set of mufflers for the back of your car!!!!

as for removing your resonator, it shoudln't cost anymore than $40-50 tops.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks Cowboy. Sounds like i'll be looking at doing that fairly soon.
And for mufflers, or lack there of, i'll have to start looking around.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:24 PM

[align=center]Hi Bradley, Keep us updated on the CAI Installation.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is a link to U-Tube.[/align][align=center]The first post is a 06 Monte with cut outs,[/align][align=center](Really Sounds BADD : )[/align][align=center]but I would do a search on that site for a 98 Monte Sound [/align][align=center]Clip to give you some idea of the sounds...Good Luck...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q0ucqiCfXo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Related Videos [/align]
[:-]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
00:45 From: jbigmanx
[align=center][/align]
Views: 485
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
00:52 From: mad717
[align=center][/align]
Views: 10,977
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

01:27 From: takuro1108jp
[align=center][/align]
Views: 4,447
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][center]

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPCH

Old 02-03-2008, 02:13 AM

I cut the mufflers of my '00 SS and just put straight pipes in and left the resonator. It sounds pretty good, it gets a nice low rumble and doesn't have a "ricey" sound, but I think I might put on some Flowmaster 40's and have a local exhaust shop delete the U bend and resonator. Any idea how that might sound combined with a K&N cone filter/custom intake box and a ZZP 1.0 PCM? Would it sound comparable to any of those videos that Space posted? And what do you think it would do performance wise?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 PM

Any update on the CAI?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 AM

I emailed the guy without a response yet. I have a feeling the email might not have worked so I'll send another one tomorrow. MMS is usually good at fast response, and my email has been acting up. useless hotmail. haha

Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM

I've never ordered from MMS, but I have heard going things about his products. I'd try again and give it a few days time to be safe.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know this is kind of a "duh" statement. But don't forget to check your "junk" folder in hotmail. The email may have ended up there.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM

Thats the first thing I thought, but I use the new hotmail live thing, and it shows new emails in both junk and inbox, and I clean out both quite regularly, haha. I'm a neat freak on my computer. Everything has to be cleaned and organized.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "CAI"