General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

ZZP vs. Intense Motor Mounts and more....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Default ZZP vs. Intense Motor Mounts and more....

Okay so after driving nearly 3 weeks with my Intense Motor Mounts, I had a few issues, and would like to mention them...

First, the good...
I loved the Mounts, they gave greater bite with very little vibration and kept the engine nearly rock solid...

Now the bad...
Before I installed my headers, the Mounts would have suited my needs perfectly... But because the TOG headers actually have the downpipe connection right behind the sway bar, the little bit of movement that the Intense Mounts made allowed the downpipe connection to smack the Sway bar, usually on upshifts, downshifts, and reverse. It was to the point that if, and when, I had someone in the car with me, they actually jumped, asking me what the noise was, and if I had gotten a flat tire... lol

It is to my understanding that the TOG headers are the only one's to have this issue, and moreso in the newer versions 06+ versus the old versions of the TOG headers...

So I sought out another mount, one that was offset, to bring it up a little bit more and keep it away from the swaybar, along with give me even harder bite..

And I found it..

The ZZP Offset Mounts, so far, after a test drive around town and on the highway, ELIMINATED all of that sway bar hitting, along with increased my bite on the ground, and helps even MORE with responsiveness...

I will try to take pictures tomorrow, but the last few weeks have been crazy busy with the holidays, etc...

Anyways, for the extra 10 bucks, I got the offset mounts, and so far, I am really loving them. Now granted, with that, you get MORE vibration in the steering wheel, granted you feel it only at idle, but you even got that with the Intense, so it really wasn't THAT noticeable..

In other updates, I flushed my coolant system to standard Prestone 50/50 Anti-Freeze, and got rid of that DEXCOOL crap..

It was WELL worth the flush... The engine warms up faster, and it also cools down faster... Now maybe that is because I did a flush, but in my opinion, the ability to have ANYONE top off my radiator now without worrying about mixing with Dexcool is a huge relief, and well worth the 11 bucks for the gallon, and 4 bucks for the flush fluid...

FINALLY, to the part that may pertain to someone that is interested... My INTENSE mounts have no wear, and a few dark marks from the dirt on the brackets, etc, but nothing that will affect their performance...

I paid 59.99 for these, plus shipping, which was like, 8.99.

I am ASKING for 29.99 plus the cost of shipping (should be like, maybe 6 bucks? I will ask for 20 dollars ahead of time, and then once I get the shipping costs, and you get the item, the rest of the cost, probably an extra 16-18 bucks on top of the 20 dollars you prepaid...).. I will try to post pics up of the old mounts tomorrow, but like I said, even though they are used, I only used them for 3 WEEKS, so the blemishes are strictly cosmetic..

I would ship via USPS with a delivery confirmation number... the same day that you order... priority..

THIS IS NOT FOR ANYONE WITH THE TOG HEADERS!!!

But if anyone is interested, please PM me, or email me at service@myblownss.com

I am not looking to con anyone, just to get a few bucks back for a lightly used Upper Motor Mount set..

Take care everyone!

-Keegan

Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Default RE: ZZP vs. Intense Motor Mounts and more....

This is a great buy for anyone. ^^^^ I love my Intense mounts.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Here are a few pictures of the mounts with my cell phone, as my digital is charging this evening... as you can see, a little dirt in the crevices, etc.. but they are in the same mechanical condition that they were when I got them 3 weeks ago =)

Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Still got the mounts for sale?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:12 PM

Yessir I do

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I sent you an email.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Do the mounts for the 3.8, fit the 3.9?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I was wondering the same?

Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM

I dropped you an email back. Honestly I can't be sure... perhaps you should send an email to Intense asking if their mounts will fit the new 3.9 engine... as If I email them, they will wonder why.. Todd Allen over there knows me pretty well, and knows I don't have a 3.9...

Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member

It's worth a try.

Quick Reply: ZZP vs. Intense Motor Mounts and more....