General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

ZZP Visit

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Default RE: ZZP Visit

the difference though Wayne is that you have the throttle body, and I dont. :-p

Thanks for the help!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

But you got headers, I don't. The 72mm throttle body is a quick mod.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM

Hmm, I dunno, I figured the throttle body would add at least 10 hp? Who knows... Anyways.. I can't wait for them to toss me up on that dyno...

Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Headers got to be 10hp, also. Right?
While your there, have them put in a short stack intercooler. Only $1,000 installed.
Check out their valve covers while your there. They are the only aftermarkets covers around. I want the polished aluminum ones. They also have black and carbon fiber finish plastic ones, as on the web site. NICE!
Swing by Kalamazoo on the way back, and I'll buy a young vet dinner.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 PM

I plan on actually heading back up there in the spring after I have my Gen V added, to have them install an intercooler, along with a new cam, and a tune, all at the same time.

THANKS for the offer Wayne, unfortunately shortly after my visit, my stepdad said there is a place called Frankenmuth? (sp?)

We are headed there immediately after my tune, with me squealing like a little girl driving my 3.4 pullied car the whole way

However in the spring, maybe we could meet up!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:46 AM

April 11-12 at Montes at MIS Speedway.
FRANKENMUTH! Tourist trap!

Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 AM

Haha, my stepdad swears by that place though... We'll see.

April sounds good to me!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member

April 11-12 at Montes at MIS Speedway.

I plan to be there. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 PM

Damn!!! Wish I could meet you there but too much stuff on my plate. It would be nice to watch them tune and see how a pro does it.

I'm looking at modding to E85 though and we'll have to see what happens.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Okay, so, I'm back. Long story short, I went with a Northstar 75MM Throttle body, had them install it, and then tossed her on the dyno. Matt Meekhof had to actually back the knock sensors down a bit, as it seems their experience with the S/C Monte's is the KNOCK sensors are extremely inaccurate, and way too sensitive for a real world situation. Okay, so that is the short story... the long part...

So I showed up at 10 am, with a 2pm appointment. I met with Tim, and after a very educating talk with him, I decided to get the Gen V Northstar kit, so that when I go back in the spring, they can use it with my Gen V. Throttle response is incredible. And he said that is just the beginning, because after you toss it on a 75mm opening Gen V, you will FEEL it in the seat of your pants. So after further discussion, I voted for the XP Cam, along with the full size intercooler, and them tossing my Gen V on, and then Dynoing all next Feb/March.After that, I grabbed lunch, and headed back in to have them install my N* and also dyno me. I was very dissappointed in the HP, however. I had a goal of 250 wheel, and only hit about 235, and 268 in TQ. HOWEVER, with the ZZP tune, the shifts are HARD as heck, the pull is incredible, and I put a 3.5 pulley on her. Tim and Matt said that my 3.5 with the tuning they had would outperform a 3.25 with less tuning, so I was quite satisfied, and the ride home was amazing. I averaged 27 MPG, and that was with my ON IT racing alot of little ricers all through lower Michigan and Ohio. I would highly recommend this company to ANYONE looking for a personal touch with great service, and awesome tuning. They had to make 5 pulls just to get her tuned in, as I stated earlier, it was a PAIN with the really dumb knock sensors.

I will post a few pics, along with a few videos of my pulls later this evening or tomorrow.

I also installed my SLP powerflo over the weekend. I am thoroughly excited, mainly because of the fact that I love the loud raspy effect it has. I emailed SLP, and they Said that the mufflers may get louder over the next few weeks, as everything wears in to place, and to be prepared.

So all in all, it was a great visit, and a great last weekend... though this morning in Clarkston we had 6 inches of snow, before I drove home to good ol PA.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and I will be sure to update this once I get a few vids in.

Quick Reply: ZZP Visit