General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

you guys will hate me :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 AM

Hi `Kane, sorry I'm late on posting, but I love the CRX's, and wish you the best with yours 4-Sure....I hope that it was put 2gether good & not super abused...My first car was a 95 Honda Del Sol VTEC with a 5 Speed. I mod'ed it and did the heads/exhaust/cam/s/header's a Garet turbo, locked front diff/+ tons of money flywheel/clutch's/etc & fun...It got me in a lot of trouble 4-Sure...It ran super & I raced a 05 Monte LT & we got caught street racing.... I beat the Monte, paid a big price to the courts,attorney, insurance etc & then traded my Honda for the Monte Carlo I beat : )
I'm still paying the price 4 street Racing : ( It sucks & it was dumb 4-Sure: ) HARD LESSON LEARNED...The older I get & look back, and realize how crazy & dumb I really was (Ok, I still am, but I don't street race anynore: ), but I'm afraid I would if I had your CRX : )

I then traded the 05 Monte for a 06 Monte LT3 (Pic's in my Albums)....
Wish you Super Fun with your CRX...Be safe out there, and I know you will stay here, and eventually get another Monte Carlo.....The CRX & Monte are two different animals...
I still would like to have yours, but I'd built it just 4 the Track : ) Wish your Good Luck & Safe miles

p.s. Kane, just because you go & visit another Family besides the MCF, doesn't mean that you can't always come home to your Monte Carlo Family ~>& we hope that you do 4-Sure. We have cookie's : ) LOL

Last edited by Space; 09-08-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not TERRIBLE looking. But I hate the universal rims, lack of protection in front of that intercooler, and those horrible horrible hood pins.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks space. sorry bout you gettin caught lol. that must've sucked.

and yeah my plan was to get some oem 15's instead of the 17's that are on it and the intercooler is coming out for the moment. where i live there are mud holes in my drive way....DEEP mud holes. i looked and the very bottom of the cooler was wet and my intake is 8 inches above that. so thats gonna be a problem. oh and did i mention its LOUD? lol. just a header, no cat. no res. and a cheap straight through ebay type muffler lol

and the hood pins are a must have for now. the engine is so tall that you cant use the hood latch lol

p.s. i just found out my car was built in suzuka japan, is a real deal si, and came from the factory with ac. (which was a 1200 us dollar option for the crx in 88) and that it was the 2114th one built in 1988

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 09-08-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Are you doing triple posts in a row again? Didn't I warn you about that already?

Also, yawn

Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Are you doing triple posts in a row again? Didn't I warn you about that already?

Also, yawn
ahhhhhhh sorry. lol, im still excited. just been makin a list of little odds and ends to fix. lol

Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Usually one would work their way up the car size ladder, not down!

Thing is with a honda your car is a huge target =\ All the people I've known who have had a honda had something stolen from it. Spoiler... doors... computer unit... etc

Keep a pitbul in it when its parted and you'll be ok =]

Old 09-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

You did WHAT?!?!?!?!

Seriously, I'm sure you had your reasons for letting the Monte go and picking up a CRX. What they are is beyond me, but as long as you're happy that's all that counts.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
You did WHAT?!?!?!?!

Seriously, I'm sure you had your reasons for letting the Monte go and picking up a CRX. What they are is beyond me, but as long as you're happy that's all that counts.
well the monte got MAYBE 21 mpg and that was with new plugs and wires. and the crx get right around 32 on the highway. and i need all the mpg i can get bc im gonna be starting college in the spring

Old 09-10-2011, 04:20 AM

Hi `Kane,
Some people will never understand your choice or change in rides....but, what is more important is that you are happy with your new ride...

I personally like the CRX and they are getting rare..To me they are like a Human Go Kart for the highway & are fun to drive & easy to Mod...It is difficult to go slow in them
Wish you many safe/fun/happy/trouble free miles.

Enjoy 4-Sure....It's yours=================== Win

p.s. I really love all generations of the Monte Carlo (some more then others), but I also love & desire
many auto that are out there....I just love vehicles with design & a Engine ~>Freedom 2 choose what we like & can afford ~> Freedom 2 `go where we want to `go (if we can afford fuel) you can go further then many with great MPG's : ) LOL ~>Get out there & EnJoy ~> Be Safe ~> Have Fun ~> 4-Sure : )

Last edited by Space; 09-10-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I always like the CRX's. But they build them so light that they rot away really easily. 15 years ago, when I was looking to buy one, I couldn't find one without big rust holes so I bought a Prelude instead. These days CRX's simply don't exist in Canada anymore.

I hope it works out for you. But I also have reservations about a car that has been built and rebuilt and built and rebuilt - you don't want to spend all you fuel savings keeping the car together and running either.

But it is a cool car

Quick Reply: you guys will hate me :(