General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Is the Xway Your Road Coarse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Is the Xway Your Road Coarse?

Man could I write a book on all that's been posted so far.

First I do the posted speed limit. No I do not believe our local, state, or federal governments do things with our best interests in mind. But I do believe my money is better in my pocket then the cops. If the sign says 65mph, then I do 65mph. Not 67, not 59 and certainly not 75. To me if the driver behind me is willing to try and shove their car (spelled SUV) up my @$$ then I'm willing to stay exactly where I am. Let them go around. Is this the laws of the road? NO! But neither is the inconsideration of trying to shove the driver infront of you out of your way. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE.
I did.

I have been known to change a lane or two to get through slower moving traffic before. I always signal my intent and the slower moving traffic I usually try to get through is usually although not always large trucks. Like a semi or dump truck. I know 100% it irritates my g/f when I drive like this. She gave me h--l on the way to the Monte Nats cause I was doing this. She was following in my '06 Monte and swore I was going to cause an accident. I told her if she hadn't made us late (I wanted to leave no later then 10am) I wouldn't have to drive like that. Okay, I stopped weaving through traffic.

Even in our "Slow Lane" on I-75 I've had people try to shove their vehicle up my @$$. I thought it was the slow lane? And I'm driving the speed limit. So why are they trying to shove me off the road?
If they can speed in the slow lane, I can drive the speed limit in the fast lane. Sounds good to me.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

RJ... I don't know what to say... in my youth I probably would have rubbed the paint off you bumper or gave you a tap to spin you out...

Now Iwould recongnize what you are doing as I was approaching you and jump lanes and pass without letting it bother me...

But I bet you tick off a few people everyday and laugh as you watch them go nuts in your rearview mirror

Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

black attack... i'm surprised you didn't get pulled over, dragged out the window and got your @$$ kicked

Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 AM

GPD,
WHERE can I get that MOD???!!! LOL!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

black attack... i'm surprised you didn't get pulled over, dragged out the window and got your @$$ kicked
In my youth Cowboy I thought I was superman - Black Belt Isshinryu, Black Belt TaiKnowDo, I was also into weight lifting (6-ft, 200-lbs, 5% total body fat). Not that I didn't get hurt... I have been stabbed twice, had most of my back teeth knocked out with a crowbar, my nose broken numerous times -- once with a 2x4 across the face, once from a baseball bat, once by a Sheriff smashing my face into the hood of my car for going 137-MPH over the speed limit (according to him, not by my speedometer), head busted open five or six times, etc. I wasn't afraid of anyone or anything -- YEAH, STUPID!!! Took me till I was 28 before I stopped trying to prove to the world how tough I was. Now, I would just run like a sissy girl .... lol

How I lived through all this... the Good Lord protects fools

Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

How I lived through all this... the Good Lord protects fools

AMEN!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member

RJ... I don't know what to say... in my youth I probably would have rubbed the paint off you bumper or gave you a tap to spin you out...

Thanks Black Attack (Craig)

Glad we didn't meet this way cause I probably would have slammed on my brakes and let you rear end my car. Then let your auto insurance repair my car. (If possible)

I don't drive in an attempt to pi$$ off other drivers. But I also want the same in return. Too much to ask? Probably.

Just have consideration for fellow motorists and drive like you have $0.02 worth of sense and I won't even notice you went past me. Well okay, I will. That Monte is too beautiful to ignore.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well that explains a bit black attack. yeah i thought i was the baddest thing around in middle school. fortuantly, i've mellowed out with the years (4). i think i've changed a lot in the last couple of years... i'm stilll "rough around the edges" and pretty argumentative at times, but a few years ago i was pretty hard on everybody. i guess i woke up and realized i had no friends, nobody liked me, and i figured it must be becasue of the type of person i was. i straightened out, got some friends.... its all good i guess.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member

That sounds like me right now.

Wonder when I'm going to realize I need to change? What do you guys think? Never?

Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: mad717

GPD,
WHERE can I get that MOD???!!! LOL!
Are you talking abou the blinker? Isn't it standard?

When I tap the blinker, it blinks 3 times automatically.

Does this not happen on all 6th-7th gen Montes?

Quick Reply: Is the Xway Your Road Coarse?