General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
08 Nissan Altima Coupe
5.56%
08 Honda Accord Coupe
5.56%
07 Monte Carlo SS
88.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

- Which would you choose for $30K ? + Quickest Cars : )

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Which would you choose for $30K ? + Quickest Cars : )

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]As an investment, & resale value, which one would[/align][align=center]you choose ?[/align][align=center]Which one is built better ?[/align][align=center]Which one has better reliability ratings ?[/align][align=center]Which one will have better resale value ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Three Cars under $30K [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1. 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe[/align][align=center]2. 2008 Honda Accord Coupe[/align][align=center]3. 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love cars, & coupes are my favorite.[/align][align=center]I take several factors into purchasing a car, don't you ?[/align][align=center]What I've observed, is the future resale values of my purchase.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]True Cost to Own[/align][align=center]Unfortunately, Chevrolet @ present is not holding it's[/align][align=center]value as well as it's oversea's competitors.[/align][align=center]Go to any auto site to compare the value of the same[/align][align=center]year Monte Carlo with the competitor's same & similar Models.[/align][align=center](below picture from GP`Dave's Post) Thank You[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love automobile's, but I work hard for my money,[/align][align=center]and if I had to pay retail price for a new car, I[/align][align=center]would do a lot of homework, before I signed the papers.[/align][align=center]I love my Monte, but I got it with less then 7K miles,[/align][align=center]Certified for $13K lessthen MSRP.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, please post your thoughts & comments.[:@][/align][align=center]Brand loyalty is great, but it won't put money back[/align][align=center]into your bank : ) $$$$[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Your Turn[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Note, 3.9L Owners, read review on 0-60 MPH in 6.2 sec below : )[/align]

Old 07-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Default RE: - Which would you choose for $30K ?

Photo Gallery

Video

[align=center]The absence of any of the usual concept-car glam such as hidden door handles, trick lighting, or oversize wheels, and the fact that the release date for this vehicle is this fall, leads us to believe that, in typical Honda fashion, the Honda Accord Coupe concept is less a concept than a production prototype.[/align][align=center]Appearing to have been styled as a coupe from the beginning, the Accord concept has a much bolder, more distinct look than its predecessor, a car that merely looked like a truncated sedan, an afterthought. A strong, upright grille and front fascia on the concept are flanked by long headlamps that wrap around deep into the fenders, seemingly stretching all the way to the center of the wheel opening. The roofline begins its descent almost from the A-pillar, meeting the abbreviated, sloping trunk atop a moderately bulging rear fender with the rear-window beltline kink that seems to be popping up everywhere.[/align][align=center]At launch, the ’08 Accord will again be offered with a choice of in-line four and V-6 engines – no new ‘clean’ diesel until 2009 – but with a hybrid following soon after. Despite flat-lining sales of the current Accord hybrid, Honda is sticking with a green version so as to stay in the game with the new Camry, Altima, and Saturn Aura gas-electrics.[/align][align=center]Quadruple exhaust outlets set into the bumper of the concept signal theperformance potential of the coupe, which Honda says will be offered with a more powerful and fuel efficient V-6 than the mill in the current car—possibly a version of the new, 300-hp 3.7-liter V-6 that’s in the Acura MDX—as well as Variable Cylinder Management, Honda’s cylinder-deactivation system when the '08 Accord hits showrooms in the fall of 2007.[/align]

Old 07-14-2007, 09:20 AM

[align=center]

Photo Gallery

Tested: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Coupe - Short Take Road Tests

1|2|3

Honda and Toyota have tended to offer coupes built off their bestselling Accord and Camry mid-size sedans, but Nissan has never produced such an Altima. Being late to the party, Nissan has certainly gone in with a bang: The Altima coupe is about as dramatic a piece of styling as you’ll see. Indeed, only the recent Pontiac G6 coupe comes anywhere near the edgy design of this new offering.
The Altima coupe is essentially a short-wheelbase version of the
sedan, measuring 105.3 inches between the axles (a full four inches shorter than that of the sedan) and is 7.1 inches shorter overall, at 182.5 inches long. The only sheetmetal that’s shared between the two, however, is the hood—the doors, the fenders, and the decklid are all unique.

Underneath the dramatic panelwork, the coupe is pure Altima sedan, save for stiffer suspension tuning. There are two engines, also shared with the sedan: a 175-hp, 2.5-liter inline four-cylinder and a 270-hp, 3.5-liter V-6, both of which are mated to either a six-speed manual or the so-called Xtronic continuously variable transmission. Suspension is by struts up front and a multilink arrangement out back, and four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes are standard. Four-cylinder models are fitted with 16-inch wheels and tires; the V-6s have 17s. Stability control is available only on V-6 models.
From the driver’s point of view, the coupe’s interior looks just like, well, an Altima sedan’s, save for sportier, heavier-bolstered front seats and a hand-operated parking-brake lever for CVT models instead of the foot-mounted device found on CVT-equipped sedans. Features such as a smart key with pushbutton starting, a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, and power windows are standard, and a touch-screen navigation system, a Bluetooth hands-free phone setup, and a rear parking camera are on the options list. There’s the usual panoply of airbags, including full-length curtain bags for both front- and rear-seat passengers.

Tested: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Coupe - Price and Performance

1|2|3[b]

(continued)

Prices start at $21,115 for the 2.5-liter S with a manual transmission and riseto $26,015 for a 3.5-liter SE with the CVT like we had. The more comprehensive SE trim package includes a glass sunroof, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, and an eight-way power driver’s seat. A Premium package is available on the S and SE, adding niceties such as leather seats and shifter **** and a nine-speaker Bose audio system. Fully equipped, an Altima coupe boasts a heady blend of techno features, and the Bluetooth integration is the best hands-free phone system we have encountered.
Up front, the new seats give a lot more support than those in the sedan, but the seriously raked rear glass impinges on back-seat headroom for anyone over five feet e

Old 07-14-2007, 09:29 AM

[align=center]2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below to read about the AWESOME Monte Carlo [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12425/default.aspx[/align]

Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 AM

[align=center][:-] * Note to 3.9L Monte Owners[:-][/align][align=center]___________________________________________
3.9 LPontiac G6 GT
Base price: $24,150
0-to-60-mph time: 6.2 sec
Quarter-mile time:
14.9 sec @ 95 mph
Yet the G6 GT’s other claims to fame—strong brakes and a 12-valve V-6 creating 240 pound-feet of torque in a fat and flat curve—are undermined by the sort of heft that Oprah would chastise: 3569 pounds.[/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ ____

The Quickest Cars of 2007: $20,000 to $25,000 - Features

Photo Gallery

February 2007

The Quickest Cars of 2007: $20,000 to $25,000 - Features
1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11

With an average 0-to-60 time of six seconds, these accomplished commuters qualify as rapid-transit systems.

Ninth Place (tie): 2007 Pontiac G6 GT 3.9
Ninth Place (tie): 2007 Saturn Aura XR
Eighth Place: 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
Seventh Place: 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Sixth Place: 2007 Volkswagen GTI
Fifth Place: 2007 Saturn Ion Red Line
Fourth Place: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
Third Place: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Second Place: 2007 Toyota Camry V-6
First Place: 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX

[b]Ranking cars by their 0-to-60-mph times may not be the most intellect

Old 07-14-2007, 11:25 AM

You wont see an import seating in my driveway
I dont care how nice of a car it is.......

Old 07-14-2007, 11:38 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Mrrench

[:@]I dont care how nice of a car it is.......
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Michael, My grandfather, & your would really get along : )[/align][align=center]He just read my post, and said that I was opening up a Hornet's Nest : )He reads all my post & just shake's his head [sm=signs006.gif]...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]His quote, "America, Love it, or leave `it"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Michael, from your post, Ican tell that you are a loyal[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo fan.[sm=loveeyes.gif][/align][align=center]I can't wait to see what Bill -RevItUpFaster will post : )[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 posting.[/align]

Old 07-14-2007, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

I dont care how nice of a car it is.......
I don't know about yours, but my monte was made in Canada.

Is there really such thing as a truly American car anymore?

Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 PM

GM is an American car company............
Long before it went up to Canada.....

Old 07-14-2007, 01:37 PM

hey space d00d u need to make more choices i wouldnt get any of them, what i really really want is an SSR

Quick Reply: - Which would you choose for $30K ? + Quickest Cars : )