General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: buy another 06 monte ss
buy another 06ss???
40.91%
keep $8k and upgrade mods or buy another ss
59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

would u buy an exact monte ss???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I hope it works out for you. What about doing a car fax? Maybe check very closely for signs of body repair? Bring a magnet with you to check for body filler. Could be water damage too. A lot of flood damaged cars are being sold off all over the country.

Sorry for being skepticle. But like many of us said, it sounds too good be true.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 PM

flip it

Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
3 Year Member
Originally Posted by Taz
Well, I hope it works out for you. What about doing a car fax? Maybe check very closely for signs of body repair? Bring a magnet with you to check for body filler. Could be water damage too. A lot of flood damaged cars are being sold off all over the country.

Sorry for being skepticle. But like many of us said, it sounds too good be true.
I guess ur right the guy told me it has a salvaged title due to theft. The car runs great though. But I don't think its worth 8k now. Plus won't insurance be higher cus of that???

Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM

look under the hood and dash for any signs of hacked up wiring or water damage. If so, run away fast.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM

i always wanted to get a 2nd 7th Gen SS
even one with high mileage or some minor damage
just so i could play around with it and not have to worry about sidelining my DD one.
maybe even use it as a parts car one day.
but i dont know about spending $8k on a 2nd one.
a little after i got mine a year ago one popped up for sale for around $3k with 200k miles on it.
well worn but ran good. however i didnt get it - and it did sell quickly.
but something like that is what i want.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If this one has a salvage title, you may be able to get it at a really good price. Most people don't want anything to do with a salvage titled car. If they even know it's a salvage titled car, that is.

Aussiek2000 brings up a good point. If the car was stolen, for all you know, the wiring could be all hacked up. That's additional work that you would have to fix, and reduces the value of the car.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 AM

I don't think that sounds too bad but maybe its because in Iowa salvage title cars have kinda taken off in a market of their own. We have 3 dealers within a reasonable distance of me that buy and fix salvage cars and sell them. Of course the price is considerably less than if it were to be a clear title but they can still fetch some good cash. I believe one of the dealerships is called No bull american auto. I think the site is nobullamerican.com anyway he deals in a lot of salvage title vehicle and had an intimidator at one point in time with 66k he wrote the reason it was salvage was a side hit and wrote what he replaced. Even though the title was salvage he was asking close to 11k and it sold within weeks. So I guess all depends on why it was salvaged and what you wanna spend. Don't get me wrong though I've owned a few of those and they're hard to sell. If you intend to buy it just to sell it again I'd say don't do it you'll be stuck with it for awhile until the right person comes along. If you buy it to DD it go for it pending theres nothing majorly wrong due to the salvage title you could get a nice car for pretty cheap to DD.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey, where's it at ? If you don't get it, let me know.. I'm in the market for an SS 7th gen.. Thanks..mjc..

Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by MJClemm
Hey, where's it at ? If you don't get it, let me know.. I'm in the market for an SS 7th gen.. Thanks..mjc..
ill sell u mine. 06 as with 35k miles. Flowmasters k&n intake 3" piping with 4" tips. What's your offer?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dpjr25
ill sell u mine. 06 as with 35k miles. Flowmasters k&n intake 3" piping with 4" tips. What's your offer?
Hello, send all the pics you can, description of any flaws etc.... Where are you located ?.... Thanks...mjclemm..

Quick Reply: would u buy an exact monte ss???