General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Winter Blues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Default Winter Blues.

Here in Minnesota the snow is flying and its cold. This sucks. My Monte is stored in my garage and wont see the light of day not in this kind of weather where the salt eats the crap out of a persons car. Cant wait until spring where I can get back in my Monte and go cruisin, wash and wax him up and make him all pretty. Thank god for my backup car! Because if not for that I would be doin alot of walkin or taking the bus because there is no way in hell my car will see the snow. Some say to me "Steve its just a car and ment to be drivin" well not MY car!!!! Not in the winter in this state. Am I to ****? You can say that but I have seen what the winter roads in Minnesota can do to a car and that wont happen to mine. You get grime and salt not to mention an interior that smells from being wet because of snow. My car is my pride and joy and I plan on keeping it that way. That being said a freind of mine gave me a little diecast version of my car. Its the little blue pace car Monte with the white flags on the side. I dont know but I think its from Hot Wheels. Maybe someone on here can confirm that? But is anyone else like me? Where you store your Monte for the winter?

Old 12-03-2010, 03:02 PM

If I had the ability I'd buy an old Subaru Legacy or Impreza and store the Monte for winter.

As it is though, there are already enoughs scratches chips and dings that it probably doesn't matter anymore. Someday I'll be able to repaint the hood and the passenger door to take care of all that.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I store the 03 in my Dad's garage over the winter months. I bought the 05 used for my DD, but it is garaged at my house over the winter so I don't have to get into a cold car every morning!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:06 PM

mine is stored in my garage for winter.......but it's been unusually mild here in nova scotia......so i've taking out here and there for a cruise.....but once winter settles in that it the cover goes on

Old 12-03-2010, 06:45 PM

I live in an apartment complex, so it stays outside...

...for the record, stop going ****.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mines been a daily driver for 10.5 years, hopefully that can stop sometime soon :P

Old 12-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Mines been a daily driver for 10.5 years, hopefully that can stop sometime soon :P
Uh-Oh, what do you have in mind?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM

I hear ya on the winter blues, I'm in the Ottawa Valley so mine's been stored since the first week of Nov. Whats worse is my winter car is 1.8L Nissan Sentra. Really finding it tough going from 303HP to 120HP, its embarrassing. But I can't bring myself to subjecting my SS to the road salt, its never been in the salt since day 1 and I don't plan on it ever. April can't come soon enough.....

Old 12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey atleast it's just winter blues and not Project blues.....

Quick Reply: Winter Blues.