General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

winter 2010 project plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Post winter 2010 project plans

well, heres the story
on the other forum i get alot of disrespect cause the monte is not a true SS, its a clone project ive been working on since april 2007, and i catch alot of **** over her being a clone, well it was more fun for me to get the base monte and build it myself, the way i wanted her, the way GM should have, mines cloned SS and alot of custom, from dash to extra body and frame braces for the 400+ HP
she has had many looks over the 3years, and 100% total rebuild/restore/clone
but because theres no G as the 8th digit in my vin, its looked at as not one of the others
ive had a few posts going on over there since it was my 1st forum and i vivit there daily, but not recently since ive been getting bashed on every post i make..............
well heres what im tryin to find out over there.......
1st, my plans for winter include lowering
what did u 4th gen guys to drop it around 2in?
2nd is a rear disc brake conversion.....i was told that sum s10 blazer parts will swap out or sumthin like that, and i have access to many parts cars since dad runs a junk yard........
what did u guys do for your 4th gen disc conversion?

so thats the 2 questions ive been trying to get solid answers for and just cant get over there, maybe you guys can help me........?????????

over the winter im swappin out the 4:10 gear for a 3:73
pullin out the 350 turbo for a shiftkit, 2800stall, and new seals to fix a small leak...
and possibly sum new centerline wheels, 15x7s front and 15x10s rear, to keep the muscle car look with the same futura white letter tires like i have now, just 275/60s on the rear
new speed-o cable, and few other things i need done.......
but heres a few pics of now and the new wheels im lookin at........

Old 09-20-2010, 02:27 PM

...Sorry that a few jealous people did not like your Clone S.S.,
but we `do.. I love what you have done to your Monte Carlo, and the MCF does not condone/permit bashing, or member's that purposely/intentionally hurt with their words/posts...

I enjoy reading/seeing member's that are creative and make their cars better with their different mod's & creations...You have a aggressive winter project 4-Sure ~> Good Luck : )
We don't down other forums, but we do our best to protect ours...and always give respect, when it is given 4-Sure...

I see that you are going to a higher gear ? Are you doing it for better cruising ? Is it a posi ?
Look forward to your future contributions & updates on your AweSome Look'in SuperSuperChevy Monte Carlo...
Thanks for your post(s) & story...EnJoy the MCF

Last edited by Space; 09-20-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM

yea, goin to the 3:73 for better highway use....
its a lsd or posi, but the 4:10 is just too much with the 3speed auto....
the car was originally built with a 4l60 700r4, & the 4:10 rear
but i cant find an overdrive trans to hold up like the th350 has, so why fix whats not broken???
im just going to pull it for the new stall, new seals, and beef it up with a b&m street/strip shiftkit.......
but i really need the info on the lowering and the disc brake conversion if anyone knows............................................. ........................................

Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love the new rims !!! they will look great on the Monte !!
sorry to hear that other people do not like what you have done to your Monte but that is there problem if they don't like it !!Not yours!! All you are doing is making your car the way you want it to be and by doing the mods your are doing it shows allot of pride in what you have . you have one of the nicest 4 gens on here ... so just brush off your shoulder and let them rant all they want it just makes them look dumb

Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM

its all good
just tryin to get that info on the disc brake conversion, and the lowering

Old 09-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I Like it too.. Cant really answer your questions but just thought id say I like it though... ive always loved the 4th gens

Old 09-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You have a great lookin car. I've heard people talk about using S-10 parts for lifiting them up to put larger rims so it would only make sense it could go the other way. Im sure one of our more informed members will show up to help. Good luck with the build.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:07 PM

who are the 4th & 3rd gen guys here?
can someone call them out?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 AM

bump...............................

Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by 84monsterSS
who are the 4th & 3rd gen guys here?
Originally Posted by 84monsterSS
can someone call them out?

Check out the below link "What Generation do you have ?"
Go through the posts & seek out the member's with the Generations you want to know about...Sorry, I'm 2 tired this morning to search all of them out...Good Luck
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2504

Click it : )

Quick Reply: winter 2010 project plans