General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Smile

i love montes, period.
after rediscovering the G-bodies a few years back and then getting one,
my obsession went full-tilt.

when the 06 came out with the updated front, rear and cockpit.. and a SMALL BLOCK v8 in the SS, i realized that i COULD obtain an SS after all.

im not too much into super sleek Euro styling... and i love american muscle and the "new" heritage designs. but... the monte is in a class all of its own.
its truly my daily racecar and with the year 2000 full redesign, the intent was to derive the look from the cars that are modified for the NASCAR track.

so for that,
they arent retro,
they arent sculpted EURO
they arent old skool muscle..

theyre their OWN thing and purely amazing.

it will PAIN me if i have to trade up for the new 2010 CAMARO 2SS RS....
so im doing all i can to work it out NOT to.
LONG LIVE THE MONTE CARLO!

V

Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 PM

PS.
when i got the 07 SS, the dealer said: "how about the LS?"
and while they are ALLLLLLLLLL nice, trust me...
i literally told him:
"nothing LESS than the SS. the V8. im not budging."

)
YUM!!!!!!!

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: 2 remove duplication & save `Space : ) lol Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Thanks Member's 4 your Post : )

Hi `Vince,
SuperMember: vm1971
Are you sure your love your AweSome
2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
Lol ~ lol

I really EnJoyed read'in what you, and member's
have posted about the Monte, and why they
invested their hard earned dollars to buy,
drive, and EnJoy
4-Sure

Don't tell other's away from our forum, how
good the Monte Carlo is. We need to
keep them around, so that we can get another one.

I'm waiting 4 U & your band to write a `song
about the: AweSome Monte's Run'in @ MAX +

MCF Member's

Wanta Rock more ?
Drop in a Full Race `Cam
lol

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 PM

HAHAHHAHHA!
THANKS!
expect more CAR pics in the new material im doing (round 2 for 30mileshigh) and even some references in the new stuff...

its IN MY BLOOD

ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Dup's remove to save `space : )
Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Arrow Monte Carlo Addiction Center : )

Notice to all MCF Members

The Monte Carlo Addiction Center
is opened 24 hours a day,
7 days a week.
It's `free

* When you got to know the latest information
on what's happening in the Monte Carlo World.
What did a Member do to improve their Monte ?.....
When U just Gota `Know
We are just a click away.

www.montecarloforum.com

Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 PM

"it had everything i wanted except sunroom"

Wow, Sonin66, your could have had a sunroom in yours? I mean, mine's got a small den and bathroom, but I would have loved a sunroom! Just kidding! But, on to the story:

My then-wife (now ex) wanted a new car and came to my office and asked if we could go look. We went to the Chevy dealer and she wanted a Camero. This was in '02, the last year (at the time) for Cameros. She wanted a V-6, stripped down version, and I wanted an SS. As usual we argued about it. I tried to explain that being the last year they were to be made, a loaded SS would hold it's value much better than a Plain Jane V-6 (plus the added benefit of being ALOT funner to drive!) I won the argument by asking her to sit in the back seat and see how uncomfortable it was and our son was growing and would be uncomfortable. After she got out and actually agreed with me, there was a MC next to the Camero. I asked her to sit in the back seat of it and she loved it. She asked the saleslady if they had a red one and there was one on the showroom floor. Fully loaded '02 SS, red with black leather. We bought it and she drove it home. I never drove it.

3 months later we divorced and the only thing we argued over was the MC. I didn't want the car, but wasn't about to let some bum drive it after I paid for it. So, I bought her a Dodge something, and kept the MC with the intentions of selling it. But then, I made the mistake of driving it. Instant addiction! I took it down to the mechanic shop, had Eibach springs, KYB struts, and SLP sway bars put on, along with 8.5" x 17" rims with 255-45 tires. I then put crossdrilled rotors and Hawk pads with stainless steel lines on it. Next was a 3"DP and hi flow cat with SLP catback exhaust. I loved it, and soon noticed that the women loved it, too! (the car, I mean)

Last year I gave the car to my son for his 19th birthday. It now has 92,000 miles and he wouldn't trade it for anything. But, he only let's me drive it when it's almost out of gas, or needs the oil changed, or a good cleaning....

Old 04-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Default Thanks `Randall : )

Hi Randall,
One of our first Monte of the Month Winner's on the
MCF
Member: rchurch

Thanks `Randall for your post story on how you obtained
your Monte Carlo SS. My girlfriend read it first, and called me to the computer to read.

Sorry, to read about the ex & the cost ($), but it was sure
super funny when I read how you ended `up with your Monte,
and how you fell in love with it, when you drove it.

I really liked your mod's & look of your Monte.
Your son is really fortunate to have a `dad like you.
4-Sure
"Tell him, the `kid said `so"
Thanks 4 posting,
We EnJoyed

Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

2 door full size coupe! I will never buy a 4 door car!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I'm a bit of a Nascar fan. I always wanted to do up some kind of replica. I've always owned crap old cars that come to me to die, but I hooked up with a chick that insisted that I drive something nicer. After trying on a few cars we found the BudChev at a GM dealership with its DaleJr factory decals already stripped. The wheels were turning in my head: Although FWD (disappointing), this Monte body defined a decade of stock car racing. And a Junior replica would be easy to do. There was no way I could afford it. By that chick thought I looked hot behind the wheel, so she bought it for me for my birthday!

Yeah, that chick is my wife now, and we have a baby. I still like the Monte best. j/k!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by rchurch
"it had everything i wanted except sunroom"

Wow, Sonin66, your could have had a sunroom in yours? I mean, mine's got a small den and bathroom, but I would have loved a sunroom! Just kidding!
lol look, i was sleepy when i was typing! good catch by the way. i love how everybody feel in love with the montes. that one drive or just how it looks makes everybody look its way. it is one hell of a car cheers felllow monte owners!

Quick Reply: Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?