General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chevy13
Nascar fan thats why. #24

Member Chevy 13,
Short & Sweet, but we sure understand your reason Y : )

We all agree with Chevy13 ~> 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 04-15-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey, who's that handsome fellow in the black & orange??

Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

This was my wish list when I was looking for a car...

I definately want 4-5 seats. I also need trunk space so the car can't be small.
- 2-doors
- Heated leather
- MP3/AUX input
- Driver Info center (I miss not knowing instant MPG, I had it in my '98 Grand Cherokee Limited)
- Steering wheel audio controlls
- Auto trans (I know, I know)
- Good/Decent gas mileage (18-19+ city is fine)
- V6/V8 power around 300 HP (I'd love to have the V8 for the rumble)
- Preferably FWD
- Some what rare
- Sporty appearence
- I'd also like to keep it American made. My step-dad works for Ford and he's a big union guy. I think it would break his heart if I drove a foreign car. It's not a deal breaker, but just something that would be preferable. I'm more likely to lean toward something built in the States.

Nice additions, not required:
- Dual Climate
- Moon/sunroof
- HID's
- Bluetooth/Hands-free phone

My 2006 Monte Carlo SS fit the bill perfectly!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
This was my wish list when I was looking for a car...

- Driver Info center (I miss not knowing instant MPG, I had it in my '98 Grand Cherokee Limited)

My 2006 Monte Carlo SS fit the bill perfectly!
Your car doesn't have this?? I'm surprised. mine does. i never use it but it's there. that's strange!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I went to 2 dealerships when i was ready for a car. One had a Suburban and the other had the 5th Gen.

The dealer with the 5th gen called me first. As i was signing the papers, the second dealer called. I told them that i was busy signing my life away, i mean, signing the car papers.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
Your car doesn't have this?? I'm surprised. mine does. i never use it but it's there. that's strange!
It has it. Perhaps I should have changed the wording of the sentence. I had it on my second car, the Grand Cherokee, but not on my 3rd car, Stratus R/T coupe.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 AM

oh oh oh gotcha!!! my bad!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Photobucket

Yeah. I use it ALL the time. Mine tells me instant MPG and if I'm in 4 cylinder or 8 cylinder mode. It's great! I mean, I can hear the difference, but it's cool to see it.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM

I grew up around chevys so naturaly my first car had to be a chevy. I had got an 02 Cavalier 4-door a few years ago as my first car. Unfortunately it got ran into and totaled! POO! . Needing a car to get to and from school my dad and I went car shopping that weekend and it came down to an 01 Cavalier coupe, a 96 Mustang, or a 96 Monte Carlo Z34. Being a chevy guy and wanting a little more thrill outta my car I went with the Monte! A little over a year later while cruising down a backroad I got distracted by the radio and accidently ran through a stop sign and...lost my Z! double Poo! then later that week, on an unusaly warm Halloween my dad and I went car shopping once again. Found a nice 35th aniversary edition green convertable camaro with a 3.8, I almost bought that, but it had a few things I didnt like. A good size crack just above the trunk panel and an aftermarket stereo system(nothing says "break into me" better than a stereo system!) also I prefer stock cause it flows with the rest of the intereor better in my opinion. Also looked at a dodge stratus. Then finaly I looked at this really nice 01 SS Hi Sport(current car) that I had been eyeing for quite a while. After sitting down in that car for the first time I fell in love with it! The leather, the sunroof, the roominess,the spoiler (visible in the rearview mirror which I really like for some reason...i'm odd that way), the guy asked me if I wanted to take her for a test drive, and afterwards I was sold! It had all the power I wanted and one hell of a smooth ride, two hours later I was the proud owner of a 2001 Monte Carlo SS Hi Sport (see sights'n sounds forum for pics) and so far I've loved every mile in it!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:59 PM

I was out car shopping the weekend before I bought my Monte, but for another Grand Prix. I had found the one I wanted (a super clean 40th Anniversary edition coupe), but had to wait for my credit union to open to arrange financing. The next day (Monday), the transmission blew in my Grand Prix on the way to work. I had it towed to the nearest dealer, who happened to have a silver Monte that I liked. Since I got a better deal on it than I would have on the Grand Prix (even with my now broken down trade it) I decided to buy it.

Quick Reply: Why did You buy a Monte Carlo ?