General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

>?> Why did you buy a Chevy Monte Carlo >?<

Old 10-12-2014, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >?> Why did you buy a Chevy Monte Carlo >?<

Hi `Member's,
Please tell us why you purchased & drive a Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?

Was it because of the style ? Power ? Features ? etc.

Please post & let your Monte Carlo Family know ?

OK, whose going to be first to post ?

I think it's your turn to post

Last edited by Space; 10-12-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey there Space good to see you!

I like the Montes because I grew up around them my father loved Chevy and the Monte in particular.

In my opion the Monte blends a touch of class with a touch of sportiness.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 10-12-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Thumbs up >Thanks `Tadd for all you do for our MCF<

Thanks `Tadd for being the first to post & share

You have made your Monte yours with your selected mod's.
Plus your many awards have proven that you have
a very special & unique Chevy Monte Carlo S.S.
Thank You!

Old 10-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Because of the looks and how its not something very common like the Camry . Also I love the way it drives and the engine

Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Red Monte Carlo
Because of the looks and how its not something very common like the Camry . Also I love the way it drives and the engine

Thanks Member Red Monte Carlo for your posts/reasons
for buying & driving the awesome
Chevrolet Monte Carlo

"They are timeless"

Attached Thumbnails &gt;?&gt; Why did you buy a Chevy Monte Carlo &gt;?&lt;-red-monte-carlo.jpg  
Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member

Me Too! I have had Chevy's all my life, Began with a 55 4dr, & a 55 2 dr. hdtp., then I had a 58 Chevy Pickup trk, Then a 62 & 63 Impala SS, then a 69 chevelle SS (bad fast), & a 70 Monte Carlo ( I had this idea of looking for a classy girl) eh?, & a 70 1/2 Z 28 ( lighting fast), Back to Chevelles, at one time I owned 3-57 Chevy's, and a few 64 impalas. I had this habit of buying and selling other guys wanted the Cars I had. So I sold them for a profit. Wish I would have kept that up. When you get married that just goofs up all your life. Then I had an 85 Monte, and drove it for 200K and then I had an 87 Monte SS for a few years. Then I needed to get cars for the Kids and my son wanted a Monte Carlo so we got a nice Red one for him and then, my work car was giving me fits and I found this nice 99 Monte that I have now it only had 38k on it when I bought it. Been good to me.
I had a few Fords but they don't hold up?
I had an Aerostar that the wife got caught on the RR tracks with in an Ice Storm, the front wheel fell into the tracks just outside the crossing and she watched the Train go in the sliding door and take it up the Tracks a 1/4 of a mile, so you see why they just aren't a good pick for endurance?!?!
So now I drive Rental cars for the year and the Monte sits in an outside Garage. But its cool I would love to have another if they start making them again. Next one I want is a 2002 Intimidator. Most of the time the Chevy Impala or a Cruze enjoy them a bunch! Oh the other day I walked all over a Monte SS from the light with the Cruze.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member

it was the second car i had looked at and always liked the monte carlo. my neighbor had the same one in white and i knew i wanted that car but in black. luckily i found my in 2008 with 24k miles and being a 2003, that was a good sign. second reason is because i am not a fan of imports at all, and ford sucks! 2015 mustang finally gets independent rear suspension, took long enough

Old 10-12-2014, 09:16 PM

Thanks for such a good request.
I bought my Monte cause my Mom was a car nut woman. She never believed you had to have a 4 dr or a station wagon just cause you had kids. Myself & 2 older sisters would watch how she safely respected the car .She used to race & beat guys in vettes just for fun at lights. She had 3 different gen Montes while I was growing up. So When my 89 Camaro was dying I checked out the newest body body (6th gen) and fell in love. BUT I know never to buy the 1st yr of any new body style due to possible issues. So in 2001 I saw the white SS i wanted At the same dealer my mom had bought her Montes. So I test drove,scared my salesman (since he told me to drive it like I regularly do) AND I bought IT. I'm So proud of my daily driver & show car ...as of today I am at 99,898. The best 22,000 I've ever spent.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

My 5th gen kind of fell into my lap when i was searching for a cheap car to get to college, then i found this forum and the interest for the montes grew and i wanted a nicer one so i went and got my intimidator.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Talking >WARNING>Please Read carefully (LOL)<

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
My 5th gen kind of fell into my lap when i was searching for a cheap car to get to college, then i found this forum and the interest for the montes grew and i wanted a nicer one so i went and got my intimidator.

Thanks `Keane & Member's for your posts & sharing.
I'm happy that you wanted & got the awesome
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Only intelligent beings know what to own/drive
on Planet `Earth

Hello, yes you reading this

You know you want a Monte Carlo
Everyone want's a Monte
You must take care
of your Monte
&
it will take
care of