General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: >Whose's in Better Shape ?<
My Monte is in better shape then me
33.33%
I'm in better shape then my Monte
13.33%
My Monte & I are both in bad shape
6.67%
My Monte & I are both in Great Shape
26.67%
We both need alot of work > I need HELP>LOL<
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

?>Whose in better shape ?<

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ?>Whose in better shape ?<

Hi Member's,
Whose in better `Shape (?)
You, or your Monte Carlo (?)

Please `Vote in our above Poll
Don't wait until New Years `eve to make a resolution to
get yourself & your Monte in Top Condition

*This is a MCF Good Health Thread, because we want you & your
Monte to be in Top condition so that you will be able to enjoy
your Journey's in `Life 4-Sure!

How to you compare to the above chart ?
&
Will your Monte Carlo pass a safety inspection ?
How's your Monte Carlo Body ?
Heart & Soul ?

Below is a good article
"You are what you eat"
"Your Monte is the fluids it consumes + major
check `ups"
* Put bad stuff in your body or your Monte Carlo & it won't run well!
==================================================
5 Essential Nutrients to Maximize Your Health

Healthy eating gives you energy and vitality, and helps your body fight disease. Here's what you need to know to eat well every day.

The phrase “you are what you eat” dates back to the 1800s, but it’s taken decades of research since then to determine exactly what to eat to be as healthy as possible.
“Food is our body's fuel,” says Rebecca Solomon, RD, CDN, director of clinical nutrition at Mount Sinai Beth Israel in New York City. “If we don’t use high-grade fuel, we can’t expect high functioning.”
Healthy eating not only helps you live longer by preventing chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, but it also boosts energy and mood, increasing overall quality of life, says Natalie Stephens, RDN, LD, a registered dietitian at Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus and president of the Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. And, a smart diet helps you maintain a healthy weight and get a good night’s sleep.
The first step to reaping the benefits of healthy eating: understanding which nutrients your body needs and how to get them every day.
The 5 to Stay Alive
The human body needs a long list of nutrients every day. The essentials, though, are called “macronutrients,” and your body needs them to stay healthy and perform optimally. They include the following five:
1. Carbohydrates
Main function: Provide energy
“Carbohydrates are the body’s main energy source and the brain’s only source of fuel,” says Kate Patton, MEd, RD, a registered dietitian at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Your body breaks carbohydrates down into glucose, which cells require to create energy.
Get more: The best sources of carbohydrates are whole grains and foods made from those grains, such as whole-wheat bread, bulgur, barley, oatmeal, brown rice, and cornmeal. Limit your intake of sugar and refined grains (including white pasta, white rice, and white breads), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommends.
2. Protein
Main function: Build and repair tissue
“Protein is another important source of energy for the body,” Solomon says. Protein consists of amino acids that act as the body’s main building blocks for tissues, such as muscle, skin, bone, and hair. Proteins also assist in many reactions in the body, including the production of enzymes (the catalysts that keep all body processes running smoothly), hormones, and antibodies, Solomon explains.
Get more: The best protein sources are lean meats, poultry and seafood, beans and peas, nuts and seeds, eggs, and soy products, according to the USDA.
3. Fats
Main function: Provide backup energy
“Your body uses fats for energy when carbohydrates aren’t available,” Patton says. “You also need fats as insulation, to help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins, and to protect your organs.”
Get more: Fats come in both liquid and solid forms. The USDA notes that the best sources of healthful fats are the liquid monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found in olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil, nuts, seeds, and avocados, as well as fatty fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Limit foods high in unhealthy saturated fats (red meat, cheese, butter, and ice cream) and trans fats (processed products that contain partially hydrogenated oil), which increase your risk for disease.
4. Vitamins and Minerals
Main function: Maintain optimal health
“You need vitamins and minerals for numerous physiological functions that help you survive,” Patton says. They're essential for normal growth and development, and each one plays a unique role in helping to maintain optimal health. For example, calcium and vitamin D are necessary for healthy bones, and the B vitamins help support the nervous system, explains Tricia L. Psota, PhD, RDN, president-elect of the DC Metro Area Dietetic Association.
Get more: Vitamins and minerals come from a variety of foods, including fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and lean protein sources. “Eat a selection of colorful fruits and vegetables every day, and vary the types of proteins you eat,” Solomon says.
5. Water
Main function: Enables vital bodily functions
You’ve probably heard that you can live for weeks without food but only days without water. That’s because water is the most important essential nutrient. It is involved in many of your body’s vital functions, and it distributes other essential nutrients to your cells.
Get more: The Institute of Medicine recommends that men consume about 125 ounces of water a day and women 91 ounces per day. About 20 percent can come from foods, and the remaining 80 percent should come from drinking water — about 12 cups a day for men and 8.8 cups for women.
The Easy Way to Get Your Daily Nutrients
The amount of each nutrient you need depends on your age, height and weight, and activity level. “You can see a dietitian to get your own personalized plan, or go online and use the USDA’s My Weight Manager tool to determine your needs,” Stephens suggests.

In addition, an easy, memorable way to balance what you eat is to fill your plate at each meal using the USDA's Choose My Plate method. This strategy involves dividing the space on your plate at each meal this way:
  • 1/2 for fruits and vegetables
  • 1/4 for grains, preferably whole grains
  • 1/4 for lean protein
Then round out each meal with 1 cup of milk (or 1 serving of other type of dairy) on the side.

“This method is balanced in carbohydrates and adequate in protein — Americans tend to overeat protein — and provides the vitamins and minerals we need every day,” Stephens says. “Add a glass of water to each meal to stay hydrated and prevent overeating, and you’re all set.”

Last Updated: 10/06/2014

This section created and produced exclusively by the editorial staff of EverydayHealth.com. © 2014 EverydayHealth.com; all rights reserved.
More on Essential Nutrients

** Member's, please add your health information & share with your

Monte Carlo Family > Thank You <

Attached Thumbnails ?&gt;Whose in better shape ?&lt;-weight-chart.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 11-01-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

In reality me and the monte could both use a little bit of work, but overall i'd say we're both good.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks `Keane for being the first to post on this important topic.
My g/f inspired me to make this thread (Mrs. Dr `Space : ).
She has been constantly still studying medical journal's since she got her degree. + reading up on broken ankles (lol)

It's great that you are taking good care of yourself & your Monte.
It you don't take good care > Who Will > 4-Sure

Wish you & your Monte a Happy & Healthy journey of `Life...
EnJoy 4-Real

Old 11-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Right now im in better shape but im working to get us even

Old 11-01-2014, 03:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd say we are both in great shape and at the top of our game. And yet, somehow we are both one catastrophic failure away from being put out to pasture! We do our best to deny our age and it is working. I've said it before, but my car is the mechanical version of myself

It's a neat thread idea 'Space. Thank the wife for me

Old 11-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Right now my Monte is in better shape than I am lol, office work takes a toll on your body over the years. As much as I hated working on my feet it definitely kept me in way better shape, but I did recently purchase a bowflex so I am going to change that

Old 11-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

that chart stops at 6'4", therefore does not apply.

We both look real good from 15 feet away.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:25 PM

Thanks everyone for your posts/words/votes on this fun, but important topic/subject

`Brent, I thank Mrs Dr `Space every time I see her..It's amazing that we've been 2gether for over 20+ years & counting...We met when we were around 5 yrs old (WoW) > time flies 4-Sure..
p.s. `Brent, your work outs have paid `off for sure...There's not to many that could dress as Spiderman & look that good 4-Real... (I enjoyed your Halloween Costume & your Thread
=============================================
LoL `Barovelli,
Sorry about the chart & I 4-got that you were way over 6'4 "

That's a great picture of you & your Monte, thanks for sharing.

I hope that important thread topic's like this reminds our member's *(& myself) >the importance of taking good care of themselves, along with their Monte Carlo's.

Thanks everyone for being a active member & having some fun.> > Take Good `Care of Yourself `OK < < <

Last edited by Space; 11-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think we both are in good shape physically, but were both some sic puppies and need help. So I voted that way, I think, didn't I? It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave (Moody Blues)

Old 11-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Smile >Moody Happy Blues<

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I think we both are in good shape physically, but were both some sic puppies and need help. So I voted that way, I think, didn't I? It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave (Moody Blues)

WoW `Greg, that's a deep thought smok'in tune that riles me 2 perceive
the web we weave my `friend
Thank You for posting/sharing

Quick Reply: ?>Whose in better shape ?<