General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

who would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question who would you choose?

There are a lot of restoration car shows on cable television these days,my question is who would you have restore your Monte if it was possible ?and why. (bumper to bumper). Gas Monkey Garage,Overhauling ,Restoration Garage,and Pimp my Ride lol are just a few i know of. I would go with Overhauling, because Chip Foose reputation speaks for itself!

Old 06-09-2015, 11:44 AM

I like overhaulin but I've never seen them do a restoration. They do modifications. I'm sure they could do a restoration though. Their stuff is nice. There's that one show that does mopars. I think it's called graveyard cars. They are extremely specific with their restorations right down to factory markings and blemishes. They would probably be my choice for a RESTORATION.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That's a tough decision as each shop brings a different plate to the party.

I like Count's Customs, but it would only be for 50s - early 70s muscle cars

Overhaulin does some incredible work in their own right, but there are times when I am kind of on the fence with some of the design choices they make, but I also know they try to make it to suit the owner and not necessarily what's best for the car.

I also like Vegas Rat Rods, but at the same time I have a hard time investing that much money into a car that looks like it belongs in a field lol

I also like West Coast Customs, but again some of their stuff is just a little too radical for a daily driver and I don't know if I would want a show car only lol

Probably of my choices I would go with Counts

Old 06-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I don't really watch these shows and don't know many of them but if it was for a DUB car show then pimp my ride for sure. Anything else Ill have the guys from fast n loud

Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I was at Counting Cars in 2013 and we took a tour of there shop, Pawn Stars, Ricks Restorations, and the Toy shop and Sports collectable shop, good Tour. Check the photo's I added.

However if I was going to have a Car redone I would choose Chip Foose first.
The Dave Kindig from Salt lake City would be next I think they are the best that I have seen. Fast and Loud or Gas Monkey is OK but just a bit over the top. Counts is good too but the Prices these guys quote are for Rock Stars

Attached Thumbnails who would you choose?-countscustoms-3-.jpg   who would you choose?-countscustoms-11-.jpg   who would you choose?-countscustoms-16-.jpg   who would you choose?-countscustoms-20-.jpg   who would you choose?-countscustoms-25-.jpg  

Old 06-09-2015, 08:07 PM

Over haulin converts classics into resto mods but they do restore the car featured and then they start tweeking after the initial restoration.

But honestly my favorite show is wheeler dealers, they buy used cars, recondition them and resale them for a profit. (This is something I personally do & practice as a hobbie yet I always make money). If I loose my job I'd do that in a heart beat. (Sadly even though this message might get deleted by the mods over me when I post on a forsake thread the car is tooooooooooooo much money for the asking price I'm being honest). Please understand guys a 6th gen collector edition Monte regardless of what it is if it's not the actual car but is a replica of (whatever) your car is worth the same $$$$ as all the other montes in that generation for the milage it has and orher factors. I see some people (not on this forum trying to sell an 04 intimidator for 18k+ cause it has 92k, buddy a GTP with that milage sells for 4k tops!!!!
Anyways I got carried away as I always do on MCF but even though i feel like an outsider here I'm just trying to protect the owners and up to be owners so they can keep using MCF as a truly trusted source for info.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like Phantom Works, Graveyard Cars (if I owned a classic Mopar) and Wheeler Dealers - I like Wayne Carini.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:00 PM

I like Count's customs but id only take a classic there since it would be worth the price,Gas monkey garage is pretty cool too but I wouldn't trust them with my monte the way they drive those cars on tv lol

if I had to pick it would be Chip Foose because they never go too crazy on builds,i don't want something too crazy

but I prefer to do my own work even though I don't know much I still like to have pride in my work

Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How about "Fat and Furious"...

I would have a hard time paying someone to rebuild my car in a week, imagine all the short cuts that get done. Kind of like the show "Extreme Home Makeover" Go to Disney and in a week you will have a new house. The cement itself takes 28 days to cure. Imagine building on it the next day? In a few weeks as it shrinks you just know the walls are moving and things are cracking. No wonder the builder gives them the title to the home free and clear, no more liability.

But if I had to choose I would go with Chip, seems like they always do new motors and critical parts. Fast and Loud, The Count and others put in used engines with an unknown history, and other things. See problems down the road, I silently tell myself "I would not have them do my car".

Old 06-10-2015, 06:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Foose for sure

Quick Reply: who would you choose?