General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Who will you permit______________?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Who will you permit______________?

Who will you let Drive your Monte Carlo ?

What Are you serious ?
Yes,
Who do you really `trust with your AweSome Monte ?
Please post who you would let drive/borrow your Monte Carlo ?

Why would You ?

Thank You !
..Could I borrow your Monte, I'm going to
the Track this weekend

Last edited by Space; 09-02-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

there won't be any barowing but drive hmmm.... the g/f if im with.. my budy rick ....and maybe a few family members...

Old 09-02-2009, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Well, as most of you know, I let my boss borrow it for the day while he was here out of town...I was not all that thrilled about that situation...but oh well, it worked out.

But under normal conditions, I will let most people drive it if i'm in the car with them, only a few that I would not let touch it with a ten foot pole on the drivers side...haha

Usually the only ones I ever let take the car without me are my parents if my car happens to be blockin one of theirs...on VERY rare occasion my sister (but only to the store or something), and my cousin from Vegas (I let her take it sometimes while i'm at work if she drops me off, that way she has a car to get around in while shes here).

Space, i'd let you borrow it....I trust my MCF buddies!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Hubby took it to work this morning so I can get the truck loaded if I get the call that we are going to the coast.
I let my son drive it occassionally and only short distances. He rarely asks to use it, instead he usually uses his granny's car or his dad's truck if he needs something bigger than his Honda Civic.

In the two years I've had it, they are the only ones besides myself that has drove it (except for state inspections). And they are about the only ones I trust with it - and then I don't completely trust them, LOL.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM

I honestly wouldn't let anybody else drive my monte. I probably wouldn't be totally opposed to my wife driving it a short distance- but she doesn't like it because it occasionally stalls due to the cam. I could always bump the idle up a couple hundred to get rid of that- but I like the heavy lope myself

I've just found that other people never respect your stuff as much as you do- and if you've got a lot of your own time and money into something- it makes it hard to not care about it. Even with my daily drivers- my grand prix and impala, I don't let anyone else drive them except my wife and I. The bad thing about the other cars- is even though I haven't put any real labor into them, there is still too much stupid stuff that can happen from door dings to curbing a wheel to fender benders that I'd hate to get in the bad situation of someone else driving my car when something like that happens.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Nobody drives my Monte but me, baby!

You wanna borrow my Monte? Like we say here in NY... Fuggedaboudit!

Last edited by myfirstbowtie; 09-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My girlfriend can drive only if I'm with her. Honestly she just doesn't feel comfortable behind the wheel because she knows how I am about my car. She's driven it twice (for a total of like 5 miles I think)

The only person I fully trust with my Monte while I'm not in the car is my Father. First and foremost it was his car first and he really loves what I've done with it. He's probably the only one that will respect it as much as I do.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:28 AM

I have lent a couple of my vehicles out to a REALLY close friend because her car was in the shop and her and her husband had 0 transportation at the time and I lent them out with the understanding of "you bend it you bought it" They both know how I am about my cars and they were returned unharmed.

Loaning or borrowing of cars is something I don't take lightly either, other then a few family members and perhaps 2-3 friends nobody else sits in the drivers seat.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 AM

nobody...

Wife hasn't ever even sat in the driver's seat while parked in the garage....

Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

The GF can drive it and I don't care, but honestly I'd let any one drive it. No big deal really.

Quick Reply: Who will you permit______________?