General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Who has the best sound system in their Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That stealth install is awesome, if I mod the sound I want to do it like that

very clean look to it and still pretty good trunk space
glad I watched it

Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 PM

yes its sweeet but that's one helluva hot spot to mount those amps and they will get really hot upside down like that.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:09 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good point, will have to address that if I ever do it, but the concept is counter to today's culture of the over exposed speakers and equipment .... behind Plexiglas and showing vs it all concealed... I would opt for the concealed look

Old 05-18-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by shawn parker
Good point, will have to address that if I ever do it, but the concept is counter to today's culture of the over exposed speakers and equipment .... behind Plexiglas and showing vs it all concealed... I would opt for the concealed look

I agree and yes you can allways add a fan shroud ...and not all amps run hot . its nice to have trunk space and retain spare tire access. ill be doing a simple old school system at some point. ive done many systems in the past. one of my favorite hobbies now I'm more into sound quality rather than blow yer windows out loudness lol keep me posted what you end up doing...maybe we can swap ideas . I love car audio.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:08 PM

The downside to the hidden systems like that is that you tend to sacrifice some performance to try and keep everything hidden, especially with subs.

It's easier when the task is to conceal everything inside the cabin, but to be allowed to arrange things as needed in the trunk.

I did a nice build one time with a false trunk floor. It had a single 12" in a spare tire well box, and everything was completely concelaed. We redid the raised floor with oem style trunk carpet, so it looked totally stock other than being a couple inches higher than normal.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:16 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I wish I had never sold off my dual 12: titanium Eclipse in one box set up .... but the conceal is even better as I get older too