General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where did you buy your Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Default RE: Where did you buy your Monte?

Actuallllyyy, it belonged to my wive's bridesmaid and best buddy. She has a history of changing cars every couple of years so I told her when she got tired of the car to call me, I'd buy it. Well, it took more then a couple of years, because as we all know Monty's are great cars and we don't want to give them up, but I rushed there with the money (a GREAT price!). The car had 30,00 miles on it and looked and drove like a brand new car. When I take it to the car shows and open her hood and doors people often ask if it's an '07 or '08? They're usually shocked to find out it's an '03. Oh, and the brides maid wanted a less conspicuous car to drive. She bought a black with full flames '08 Chevy SSR pick-up!! (you can see pictures of it at www.HotRodElvis.com).

Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I could write a book here.

The '81 SC came from the original owner's son in oct, 1996. It was setting in Wal-Marts lot for sale. I test drove the car one afternoon and loved it. He showed receipts for a ton of work done to the car so I figured it was worth the $1200 he wanted for it.
One day I told my g/f, "Wish he would take less for the car."
Same day, I got home and on the answer machine was a message from this guy. "Hey RJ. It's Rick. Say I want to sell this car cause I need some money. Would you give me $500 for it?"
I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.
Add to it, I tried to call him back and kept getting his answering machine, I thought "Oh h-ll, he's selling the car to someone else." (bummer)
But we got the car and it was always a decent car for her.

Well, I bought a Monte Carlo, but I still didn't own one. Cause I'd given the '81 to my g/f.

My '86 LS. Got it from the original owner's son.... who abused it in nov, 1996The car was setting down the street from a place I was working at the time for sale. My g/f Deb happened to see it one day. I got the phone number, called and made an appointment to see & drive the car. Took it for a spin. We went back and talked about the car. He wanted $3500 for it. I told him I'd give him $2800, he said okay but he was keeping the sterio. Okay with me.
Got the car home and realized it WASN'T an SS Monte but an LS. Too late the money is gone. But it's been a super car for me.

Got my '06 LTZ from the local Chevy dealer in october, 2006. They located the car for me. They still wanted $30,000 for an '06 Monte with zero miles. My car had 10,000 something miles on it but I got it for $17,000. So far I haven't put 4,000 miles on it since buying it but that's fine.

The '03 Pace car we got in may or this year from a Pontiac dealer in Greenville, OH. MCF member Space actually located the car for me. My dad & I went over and looked at the car one afternoon. Test drove it and tried to deal with the salesguy but he refused to deal. So we left.
Went to talk with the bank about this car and a few other's Space helped locate. The bank said the '03 Monte was a good deal at $10,900. It booked at $12,200. So we went back and talked with the salesmanager who worked with us a little on the car.
A little clay bar and waxing and the car turned out beautiful.

Please keep us updated on your Monte search & purchase.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 PM

cool stories everyone.
I talked with my dad and he is going to help me buy a Monte, but I have to save up some money first to start the fund.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 PM

I got mine from a small used car dealership in KC MO. I live in topeka KS which is about an hour from KC. I actually told the guy i would buy it only from the pic on the internet. I already had the loan for it before i even saw it in person. Needless to say i am very pleased with my purchase. Ihave actually turned many of my friends on to monte's, one friend is even actively looking for one to trade his truck in for. Next im gonna try to recrute him to this site.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dealership in norfolk, i went there looking at the camaro, but parents fell in love with monte, even though it had 50k more miles on it[:'(]
But what ever, im glad i have the monte, the more ive owned it the more i like it.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 PM

private seller. friend of one of the bro's. bought it with ASA rims, and rockford subs in it(he saidthe whole system was $4000)all for one helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of a price!.33,333 miles. yeah i thought it was wierd. after i put on 1200 miles, it went away in storage and taken apart in the front end for chip and coon hit repair (thats why i got it for low price) and hence the paint. kid took CARE of this car. the interior is mint(still) exterior is awesome condition, some scratches not from me!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:20 PM

Went to a dealer next to my work. During lunch break.
Traded in a 06 LT. For the SS. SS had 10 Miles on it.
Got a great dealMSRP was 32 000. I got it for 26 500.
I told him it is a discontinued model andit has been sittingin his lot for a while, they even had a brand new red 06 SS that hadn't sold and it was in the show room it was 24 000. but it was red.
My dealer just closed due too poor sales and their property lease not being renewed. oh well.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:54 PM

Ebay all the way. Had to drive from WI to TX to get it. One of the best road trips of my life.... especially sleeping in the backseat at some truck stop in Tulsa Oklahoma.

Was bought for $32,000, 6 months later repoed, and I got it for $19,000 with just over 24,000 miles. Lovin It.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I got my 2006 Monte Carlo Lt 3.9 from Courtesy Chevrolet here in Arizona, My cousin that is close to me had gotten a blue Monte Carlo Lt but it was sold so as soon as I saw on their web site they got the white one in, I told him not to sell this one and let me see it, same day after work I saw it I test drove it bought it, rolled off the lot same night. I bought my car for $16000 used a year after they came out, My insurance isn't expenisive on this and I get a weeks worth of gas easily on a full tank to work and locally around town.Igot a fair intrest rate and deal thanks to my cousin and not some salesman trying to make a comission and giving a higher intrest rate.I always wanted the ss, but I am very happy with my car espeacially since when these cars first came out I couldn't even afford a base model, Patience brought me a great MONTE. I believe I am the second owner and it was a fleet car before with 15,000 miles when I got it.

Quick Reply: Where did you buy your Monte?