General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Where can I find one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Where can I find one of these?

Hello Everyone. I am trying to track down a body kit for my '00 LS. I don't know if this is an SS body kit or part of a factory "high sport" package or if it's just completely after market.

It looks like an SS kit with the side skirts and front, just the rear is different. I like it a lot where it actually has cut outs for the exhaust pipes rather than just the little inflection that I currently have on my 'LS. Anyone know where I can locate one of these bad boys?

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 PM

High Sport. Good luck finding one. If you do you'll need the front and rear bumper cover too. The ground effects have tabs on them, the covers have corresponding slots cut into them. Recall seeing on here somewhere there is a knock off version, the rear is different thought, believe it's solid.

Best of luck.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

it's the highsport that came on some of the ss montes and special edition like the pace car and dale jr and sr etc.

to get it you could order through gm for a rediculous price, or look around on ebay and craigslist for people selling used.

theyre kind of hard to come by but it is possible to find them

Old 12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check junk yards too. You'll probably have to get the pieces from multiple yards. Since which ever end got hit will be trash.

Just as a point of reference. GMPartsDirect gives an MSRP of $644.16 just for the rear bumper piece. (The silver part, not the entire cover.) But their price is $395.25 That's for a new piece. A good used piece would be the way to go. They describe it as the rear bumper hi-sport extension.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 AM

I see your location is NE Ohio. You should send an email to Morad here in Cleveland and see if they have anything. They dismantle and stock a lot of monte carlo parts. I got a stock chrome rim from them cheap. http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
it's the highsport that came on some of the ss montes and special edition like the pace car and dale jr and sr etc.

to get it you could order through gm for a rediculous price, or look around on ebay and craigslist for people selling used.

theyre kind of hard to come by but it is possible to find them
Yea, a guy a street up from me has that kit on his '04 SS which is why I wasn't sure if it was a high sport package since his isn't supercharged or anything like that... I'll check around online though. īGracias!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:43 PM

Not all high sports are supercharged... from factory.
supercharged were introduced in 04-05.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

I may be selling mine in the spring to get aftermarket style.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by JAFO
High Sport. Good luck finding one. If you do you'll need the front and rear bumper cover too. The ground effects have tabs on them, the covers have corresponding slots cut into them. Recall seeing on here somewhere there is a knock off version, the rear is different thought, believe it's solid.

Best of luck.
Is this what you were referring to for the "knock off" one? http://www.dealershipdesigns.com/mon...montepace.html

Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by mogwog
Is this what you were referring to for the "knock off" one? http://www.dealershipdesigns.com/mon...montepace.html
Yeah, that's the one I remember.

Quick Reply: Where can I find one of these?