Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Whats the proudest you've been? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/whats-proudest-youve-been-14093/)

cmeadows06 06-20-2009 02:10 PM

I'm always really proud whenever I get someone checking it out on the road.

Just yesterday may have been the best though. I'm sitting in the parking lot just waiting around for some people and a car drove by and took a picture of my car! I don't think they realized I was sitting inside of it when they took it, but it still made me feel really good!

Also, whenever I get a compliment from anyone on the forum. You're all just as passionate about your car/Monte Carlos in general, so it definitely means a lot!

sonin66 06-20-2009 04:19 PM

i was interviewed by a news station reporter about my monte when i was up at Conrads(local tire/automotive repair) shop and he started talking about back in the day when he had a monte carlo. dont know if it got on air, but i felt proud. another time before that, a lady drove by and asked if she could take a picture of my plate(personalized) i of course felt proud as hell because who ask to take a picture of the car and the plate while we were driving.(i get people all the time asking me what does the plate say) can any of you get it?!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...MAGE_144-1.jpg

dustybird3 06-20-2009 04:50 PM

I'm always proud of it but it sure was a good feeling when I got it inspected and all the guys working there came over to drool on it, LOL.

Got gas this morning and a lady driving another black 6th gen MC rolled down her window, waved, and said "love your car". Do people driving other types of cars get the same responses? I never have with any other vehicle nor have I been with anyone else that does. I get compliments all the time - it's nice, can turn a bad day good ;)

Montephile89 07-06-2009 08:28 PM

I was ridin' around one night and I pulled up to a traffic light next to two girls in some Jeep, or small SUV. One girl started gigling and asked, "do you wanna race?" I smiled, and of course said, "yes" (knowing she wasn't serious.) Oh, and Sonin's plate says "see my monte."

sprfrk2005 07-06-2009 09:02 PM

best moment was when i got complimented by a state trooper and said ill give u a 5 second head start see if i can catch u hehe that was a great compliment...... eventually caught me going about 110 lol monte lacking power up at those speeds hehe

14DMN 07-06-2009 09:26 PM

I cant belive this thread is still going! lol . in fact just Last night I had THE proudest moment yet that ended with me getting a new friend. I pulled into this convenience store to get a drink. one Spot over is another 6th gen Silver Monte SS Hi Sport. There was also a red 5th gen Z34 right next to me I thougt "cool" and went in to get my drink. I go to pay the cashier and look out at my car only to see this girl opening the door to my car. I say "WTF!" and hurry out. She was about to get in but stoped halfway and with that "somethings not right here" look on her face. At this point I'm standing in front of her and she looks at me and says "OMG I'm so sorry I thought this was my car". I said "No harm done" Then We got to talking about each others cars and I wound up driving away with her #. Which coming on the heels of my recent breakup really made me feel good.

Taz 07-06-2009 09:43 PM

I think two of my proudest moments are...

First, when I bought the very car I'd been drooling over for over a year. And second, when I won Monte Of The Month (I was not a moderator or admin yet).

My car was a dealership demo that never sold until I bought it in september of 2007. The Chevy dealership even used it in a local tv commercial. (A "deal or no deal" rip off.) But for over a year, I had driven past that dealership wanting the car because of how cool it looked. I couldn't afford it for the longest time. But luckily that changed, and I got the car I had wanted.

I too get a lot of compliments from strangers admiring the Monte. Always nice to get some Monte lovin.

iMSeRiOuS 07-06-2009 10:44 PM

I catch lots of people checking my car out, I'm one of them.

jeffsmonte 07-12-2009 08:17 PM

Driving thru my local car show parking lot that had 200+ cars that consisted of awsome '60- '70s muscle, blown hot rods, immaculately new and modded mustangs, camaros, and chargers, one off corvettes, even a few ferraris and lambos....

and still recieving 5 or 6 compliments on my lowly 2003 FWD v6 SS! Thank the lord it was cleaned and waxed...
It totally made my day to know my Monte is still appreciated!!

Vailliant402 07-12-2009 09:36 PM

My proudest/saddest moment was when I got into my first accident, saddest because The Monte was hurt, but the cop, said, "damn that's a shame, you have a great looking car...even with the accident."