General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Whats a 78 lundau worth in good cond?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Cool Whats a 78 lundau worth in good cond?

I'm interested in buying a 78 Lundau that's black with red interior, it has a 350/350 with less then 10k on the motor and 100k on body? It has true dual with stock mans and an edelbrock performer and 650 carb. It also has chrome alt and valve covers and aftermarket steel wheels. The rear window's are professionally tinted, but the rear seat is missing because he had the headliner custom done with 3D(raised) flames. He liked the headliner (I do too) so he brought the seat back to him to have it reapholsterd and the guy went out of business and the apholster never called him back. The car looks like its pretty solid and straight. He wants 1,850 which i guess is reasonable but not really sure. I just want to get a few opinions. Thanks

Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 AM

Welcome to the MCF

Without seeing the Monte, & being able to inspect it, it's difficult to place a price on a unseen Monte.

But, for only $1850. it sounds like a decent price.
I suggest getting a good mechanic (if you are not one), and
have them inspect the vehicle.

Pictures of the vehicle would help with a estimate, but
again if the engine/trans/body checks out the price
does sound good.
Just the 350 Engine & Trans would be higher then
the asking price....If ? everything is in decent condition.
I suggest
if you don't have the mechanically knowledge

to get a friend that does have the knowledge or
hire a expert...It would be a good investment.
Good Luck & let us know what you decide, and
we will expect pictures : )
Good Luck

Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the welcoming KS, I would post pics but i'm to wet behind the ears i guess lol. I was going to just do a comp test and vac test and just give her hell on the test drive to see if its mechanically sound. Do you think 1,600 CASH is a cheap offer though? What are the requirments for pic posting anyway?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 AM

Hey did say the motor was built by a vetran race driver 6 years ago but then was deployed to Iraq and never had much time to devote to it after that and now he's moving so needs to sell.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 AM

Again, without seeing the car & driving it ? I can't
say if $1300 is a cheap price.
I also don't believe a seller unless they can back up
their statements with documents/records/receipts/etc.

Below is a site that may help
Good Luck
How to buy a used car - step by step guide

Step by step used car buying guide; how to choose the right car, how to negotiate the price, where to check insurance quote, what to look for when buying a ...
www.samarins.com/buying/index.html - Cached - Similar

Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM

Buyer Beware 4 Sure...
Check everything out b-4 you sign the check
or give your Cash $'s.....
Don't want 2 have Buyer's Remorse

Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 PM

That price seems too good to be true, a landau with some toys for under $2K? Definitely get it checked out, make sure everything is solid etc...

There is a 77 landau on ebay currently going for 2,800

Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM

its not a bad price. i would look it over real well though. look at the rear frame horns, floors passenger side,quarter panels near the rear wheel wells,and the lower door panels all these areas are known to rust or rot. you might want to take a good look at the top too cause they get rusty under there it should look like there pieces of popcorn under the landau if its getting bad. also if you can stick your head far enough back on the driver side there should be numbers cast on the block just so you know for sure your getting a 350 car and not a 305 or a 267 or some other crap. you can check those numbers here.
http://mortec.com/
if its a 350/350 combo than its worth the price. the 305 and lower produced no torque whats so ever and should have trouble really breaking the tires loose if you really lay on it from a dead stop.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:25 PM

Thanks guys I'll try to post a few more threads and then maby it will let me attach pics ....

Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 AM

Keep us posted. From what you have posted so far and, taking things at face value, I would say that is a good deal. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: Whats a 78 lundau worth in good cond?